9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1986 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have heard, it looks like Honda is going to go the retro route for their redesign of the honda civic for 2013. Because of the success of the American muscle cars using the retro theme, they believe it will work for them.

[/IMG]

Reactions: Suburban Titanium

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
that would be sweet....but seriously I hope the 2013 si isnt changed performance wise because that would suck for me

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol! That is awesome!

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
A retro edition of the CRX with a K20 would be cool.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
164 Posts
that would be sweet....but seriously I hope the 2013 si isnt changed performance wise because that would suck for me
I doubt Honda will change the engines. From past refreshes like the 01-05's there wasn't any change engine wise. I think honda is going to focus mainly on the exterior look and interior quality of the vehicle.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Just a hunch but I bet you will not see a change in either sheet metal or power plant in the '13 Si. Too late and too expensive to accomplish in the next 6-8 months. Interior materials, exterior add ons like a spoiler added to even base model civic is more likely.

Maybe they will go even more spartan on the Si model and call it a Type R lighten it up a bunch and tweak the suspension? OK, then I will consider trading in this one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That looks like a 88' Honda Civic hatchback. It was almost my first car ever, but I ended up with a used 86' CRX. It was a fun car to drive 20 something years ago. And yes, I'm older than most of you here :).

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
As long as they don't bring out a Type-R version or Acura brings back the DC chassis with a Type-R version, I'll be fine with the refresh. Those are the only two things that could tempt me to do the poor financial deal of trading in my brand new Si in such a short time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I might be wrong, but i'm pretty sure the Type-R 9th gen Civic will be exclusive to the UK market, or at least it is launching there first under a seperate Type-R trim for the Euro-spec.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
I might be wrong, but i'm pretty sure the Type-R 9th gen Civic will be exclusive to the UK market, or at least it is launching there first under a seperate Type-R trim for the Euro-spec.
figures.... no love for us

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
yeap, most likely Euro 9th gen civic type r.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If the do refresh the motor they will make little changes like different cams, intake manifold, and some ecu tweaking. Just like they did to the rsx. maybe net 10hp and maybe find tune some the suspension rates if were lucky.

·
Registered
128 Posts
2013 Civic update!

From the most recent North American Honda dealer meeting in Las Vegas:

2013 Civic will be reskinned inside and out and will go on sale in August 2012.

The new CVT may also be a go during the redesign (expected fuel economy jump to approx 42 hwy / 31 city mpg).

Honda corporate Japan is very embarrassed by the recent criticism and is taking the necessary actions to remedy the situation promptly.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Even though i do like how the 9th Si looks that sucks for people who bought the 2012 9th (like me) because of the better things they will add to the 2013...i hope honda gives us some kind of deal if we want to trade in or something

1 - 20 of 1986 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.