9th Gen Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
570K views 2K replies 393 participants last post by  FooBird 
#1 ·
From what I have heard, it looks like Honda is going to go the retro route for their redesign of the honda civic for 2013. Because of the success of the American muscle cars using the retro theme, they believe it will work for them.

[/IMG]

See less See more
Reactions: Suburban Titanium
#9 ·
Just a hunch but I bet you will not see a change in either sheet metal or power plant in the '13 Si. Too late and too expensive to accomplish in the next 6-8 months. Interior materials, exterior add ons like a spoiler added to even base model civic is more likely.

Maybe they will go even more spartan on the Si model and call it a Type R lighten it up a bunch and tweak the suspension? OK, then I will consider trading in this one.

#14 ·
As long as they don't bring out a Type-R version or Acura brings back the DC chassis with a Type-R version, I'll be fine with the refresh. Those are the only two things that could tempt me to do the poor financial deal of trading in my brand new Si in such a short time.

#19 · (Edited)
2013 Civic update!

From the most recent North American Honda dealer meeting in Las Vegas:

2013 Civic will be reskinned inside and out and will go on sale in August 2012.

The new CVT may also be a go during the redesign (expected fuel economy jump to approx 42 hwy / 31 city mpg).

Honda corporate Japan is very embarrassed by the recent criticism and is taking the necessary actions to remedy the situation promptly.

#25 ·
From the most recent North American Honda dealer meeting in Las Vegas:

2013 Civic will be reskinned inside and out and will go on sale in August 2012.

The new CVT may also be a go during the redesign (expected fuel economy jump to approx 42 hwy / 31 city mpg).

Honda corporate Japan is very embarrassed by the recent criticism and is taking the necessary actions to remedy the situation promptly.
Most of us here heard of this rumor...what i want to know is did you get a sneak peak of the reskinned model?

I for one is only interested if the next model will have projector hid's. To me, that's the only thing that will complete my Si.

#20 ·
Even though i do like how the 9th Si looks that sucks for people who bought the 2012 9th (like me) because of the better things they will add to the 2013...i hope honda gives us some kind of deal if we want to trade in or something

#21 ·
You can say this about any model though. My dad bought a 2010 Sedan and when the 2011 came out he wished he had waited for the 2011. Chances are if we waited for 2013, we would have wished we waited for 2014, and so on. Thats the problem with yearly production cycles, you're only cutting edge for a couple of months.

#24 ·
I think this will be a trend we see in the auto industry, cars are becoming a commodity in the same way that cell phones and other technology is. Imagine all the people who own older civic models that don`t have bluetooth, USB or VSA. Cars from just a few years ago still don`t even have auxiliary inputs!

#653 ·
I think this will be a trend we see in the auto industry, cars are becoming a commodity in the same way that cell phones and other technology is. Imagine all the people who own older civic models that don`t have bluetooth, USB or VSA. Cars from just a few years ago still don`t even have auxiliary inputs!
Very true....And "reskinned" ooohhh watch out... Its got the same motor and tranny... If its only cosmetic then oh well... I could care less. The cell phone analogy is great btw..

#30 ·
I agree with this! I think the '12's are going to be the ones to have. Hell, they are only making them for a year people! Rare is good in terms of resale. (coming from an SVT owner) Only problem I am going to have is when the warranty is up, trying to find parts for it might be a little bit of a problem.

#28 ·
It does suck for people who bought the 2012 civics. The 9th just came out and they're already redesigning the front, rear, interior etc. I just want to see the redesign.

#47 ·
i love the look of my 9th gen :) but ill have to pick up a an SI spoiler to complete the look i want before they're unavailable!

i like the idea of my car being kinda rare, where im from my cavalier was the only 03-05 style around with the actual Z24 trim level (cushy interior, extra sound dampening, chrome 16's, etc.) it got alot of looks when it was clean,, and my EX already is getting a ton of looks, i cant wait till someone is like "OH MY GOD IS THAT A 9TH GEN!?!"

then again, i hope they just restyle a little bit, so maybe if i like the newer rear bumper i could swap out :p wouldnt mind getting some projectors either!

or are they planning on making the 2013 civic the 10th generation?

#50 ·
Just picked up my coupe today and judging from initial impressions with about 150km of driving, my gf and I are completely satisfied. I don't find anything wrong with the complaints reviewers have been nagging about although I will say the 8th gen sedans definitely looked better.

#62 ·
I'm not happy about this. I think the 9th gen is a great car and that is why I bought it. But I think this will hurt resale value in the long run and one of the reasons I bought this car was resale value. If I wanted CVT and interior plastics that felt nice when I massaged them and didn't care about resale value I would have bought an Elantra or Focus.

#65 ·
Good luck with the resale on either of those turds. They're both giant pieces of shit. Hyundai's are garbage and as much as I'm a Ford guy, the Focus is a throwaway car. Honda's will always have better resale value, 2012 or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.