9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

First time Civic owner here. Well, it's a 4 years lease but still.

2012 Black Civic SI
My dealer said I should have the car early next week. I simply can't wait for it as I really enjoyed the test drive. The car comes pretty much fully equipped, which was a huge plus for me, and the performance were satisfying. About on par with my current 02 auto Maxima, but with much much more grip and fun (it being a stick).

I was hesitating between this one, the genesis coupe and the sentra SER Spec-V. At the end of the day, I liked all 3 of them, but the genesis was a bit pricier on the monthly payment and assurance while the sentra felt a bit cheaper. The seats weren't as comfortable, which is a big thing for me considering I have back problems. I also didn't like the fact that you need to buy Nissan's compact flash for the navigation system.

I'm pretty confident with my choice. My driving skills with a stick, not so much lol. I'll have 4 years to improve it though! :smile:

Anyway, when I was much younger in the early 90s, I was so envious of the people owning an SI. I told myself that one day I'd have one. Well, that day finally happened. I'm a first time Honda owner too, so I'll finally get to know whether or not Honda's reliability lives up to the reputation.

Peace out!

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your car as much as I do. I was one of those guys driving the Si in the early nineties and still happy to have three of them ('00, '07, '12) in my driveway today.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congrats on your new ride, as far as driving a stick the si is very easy to learn althouvh first can be tricky sometimes but practice makes perfect and you'll have a blast practicing. Third gear is the sweet spot especially in the curves. Enjoy

K24Z7 Crew Member #45

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
welcome to the forum!

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 12 Si is a blast to drive, you should love it. This is my third Si and with only a week in my favorite. I LOVED my 4th hatch. It had a great road feel as it has no power steering, a cable transmission and made good power for a SOHC non-vtec. The new one is a much better DD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts