9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I do? Here is my situation: My 2012 Civic EX refuses to stay connected via bluetooth. It's also unpredictable. Sometimes I can go for 15 minutes without a disconnect, but sometimes I get four or five disconnects per minute. It was bad with my iPhone 3 and it's seemingly worse with my Galaxy Note 2. I have read a lot about this problem. It's evidently an inherent flaw in the bluetooth hardware used in these cars, and yes, it persists even after one "fixes" their post-phone-setup contacts handshaking. At least it did for the five different phones I've tested. The idea of bringing my car in to a Honda dealership to see if they can fix a networking problem fills me with despair. Basically, until Honda is forced into gear by a class action lawsuit, this will never be fixed. So no bluetooth phonecalls for me. But that leaves the audio. I plugged my Note 2 in, but the Civic didn't care. Picked USB as the source and there was nothing. I don't know how the Civic figures out whether or not there's music available to play, but it's evidently not doing any real searching. All my music is in a "Music" folder at root. Granted, it's a mixed bag of MP3s, WAVs and FLACs, and I'm betting the Civic is only capable of MP3 playback, but it should at least find those files. Should I make a duplicate of the Music folder and put it wherever the Civic happens to prefer to find music?

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
Is the usb formatted correctly?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I believe he's using a phone?
Yeah he is using a phone.
Not all phones support MSC and some that do you need to select the option for it when you plug it in. If it doesn't support MSC you're SOL as far as using it like a storage device in a car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.