9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
to be honest, the k24a2 (stock) has some weird behaviors, and the k24z3 has solved that
honda basically did what hondata did to the k24a2

·
Registered
568 Posts
ahh got ya....because of the whole intergrated issue
Exacery

i think the k24a2 only has Vtec on the intake side
i might be wrong though
VTEC is on both cams on the K24A2 & the '06-'08 K24A2 cams are the most aggressive K series OEcams. I wish I could get my hands on a set for a decent price.

·
Registered
568 Posts
As far as I know that is true

·
Registered
246 Posts
yea, so does that mean that the k24z7 is very similar to the k24a2 since its basically a direct drop of the k24z3?
thats what im confused with..:/

·
Registered
568 Posts
Actually I believe the similarities go only as far as them being K24's. The K24Z7 head is a completely new design because of the longer cams & integrated exhaust manifold. From some of what I have read that the the K24Z7 is different enough that no parts from a K20 can be swapped in such as doing a K20 headswap to attain VTEC on both cams.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The motor will be fine but for people like me & many others this motor is a failure. As you can tell that I am not a fan of the 9th. I may drive an 8th but my heart belongs to the the EP3.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
It appears through the generations of civics, a different group of people tend to be interested more so in one gen over anothers. I guess that has to do with Honda changing the character of the car so much..

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
246 Posts
The motor will be fine but for people like me & many others this motor is a failure. As you can tell that I am not a fan of the 9th. I may drive an 8th but my heart belongs to the the EP3.
ahh, i guess i will have to see what the after-market companies can come up with, cus i dont really have a choice but to get the Si lol
do you still have your EP3 then?

It appears through the generations of civics, a different group of people tend to be interested more so in one gen over anothers. I guess that has to do with Honda changing the character of the car so much..
well, i agree but i think its mainly about the Si
the 8th gen was a very good enthusiasts car, great tunning potential, lots of after-market parts
but as we have seen and heard, honda is trying to get more torque for the Si to cope with the competition, which increased the displacement of the engine and made it less tunable i guess?

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
For two quick answers it would be VTEC on both cams & the ability to install a true RH.
Sadly, this is like 90% true of why the k24a2 is better. The 10% is what we are waiting to see what the aftermarket can bring to us for the 9th gen.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sales numbers was the reason the 8th gen went back to the coop then a year later a first ever four door Si was released. Granted it helped that the 8ths had a JDM counterpart so it only made sense for American Honda to take advantage of that fact. I've seen plenty of people trade in RSX's & TSX's for 8th gen sedan Si's.
ahh, i guess i will have to see what the after-market companies can come up with, cus i dont really have a choice but to get the Si lol
do you still have your EP3 then?

well, i agree but i think its mainly about the Si
the 8th gen was a very good enthusiasts car, great tunning potential, lots of after-market parts
but as we have seen and heard, honda is trying to get more torque for the Si to cope with the competition, which increased the displacement of the engine and made it less tunable i guess?
I wish I still had my EP3 but a life changing thing dictated that I get a sedan. I had to be responsible & that's part of being a parent. Just like when my daughter one day said "Daddy too loud!" as we were getting on the interstate. That cemented my suspicions that it was time to replace my S2 exhaust.

American Honda listened to the masses & gave what the people demanded but @ the same time upped the emissions standard by integrating the exhaust manifold to the head.

Sadly, this is like 90% true of why the k24a2 is better. The 10% is what we are waiting to see what the aftermarket can bring to us for the 9th gen.
Since there is no JDM counterpart to the 9th so I'm willing to bet the parts will not be as plentiful for the K24Z7 like it is for the K20's.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Sales numbers was the reason the 8th gen went back to the coop then a year later a first ever four door Si was released. Granted it helped that the 8ths had a JDM counterpart so it only made sense for American Honda to take advantage of that fact. I've seen plenty of people trade in RSX's & TSX's for 8th gen sedan Si's.

I wish I still had my EP3 but a life changing thing dictated that I get a sedan. I had to be responsible & that's part of being a parent. Just like when my daughter one day said "Daddy too loud!" as we were getting on the interstate. That cemented my suspicions that it was time to replace my S2 exhaust.

American Honda listened to the masses & gave what the people demanded but @ the same time upped the emissions standard by integrating the exhaust manifold to the head.

Since there is no JDM counterpart to the 9th so I'm willing to bet the parts will not be as plentiful for the K24Z7 like it is for the K20's
I agree, same thing happen to the EP3.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
So do you think that the motor in lets say a 2009 or 2010 SI is better in terms of modding? given there is no mods for the 9th since its not out, but based on what we know about it

21 - 40 of 42 Posts