9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
began install today of the PRL adapter kit, several issues that i am not sure of have arisen. RBC with ZDX throttle body,bored out to fit stock injectors.
1-for the ZDX TB, the large electrical coupler that plugs into the side of the TB will not reach...how did you solve this?
2-the kit came with two replacment coolant hoses, do these replace the stock hoses that connect to the throttlebody?
3-the vacuum hose that ran behind our stock manifold..where does this go? as there is two open vacuum ports on the RBC..one being on the let front side the other in the middle near the injectors.
4-the 2 left over vacuum hoses one connects to the manifold by the throttlebody is too long..the other im assuming connects to the TB adapter but is too short..
5- this is my first time pulling out injectors and how far should they sit in the ports on the manifold...ive applied a good amount of pressure trying to get them to set but they will just pop back out when moved a little.

sorry for so many questions but would really appreciate any help...have called PRL a few times but they must be busy. either i am an idiot or this is not truly a bolt on affair lol.

·
Registered
251 Posts
1)Get creative... Relieve some slack.
2)If you'd like I only replaced one.
3)I don't recall.
4)vacuum lines @ tb come straight forward/like stock. While you should cut and connect a shorter line from the backside of the manifold to the block.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ok...just looked at it... The line that goes under the mani now connects to the nipple on the prl zdx adapter plate. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Get a little small amount of oil to get the injectors to slide into the manifold, it won't hurt anything and it'll be MUCH easier to install.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone,PRL just called and cleared things up...as for the TB coupler I will try to take the plastic thing off and see if that gives more slack.
Woot oil on the injectors, thanks a lot I wasn't sure if lubing them up,would hurt something. Thanks again

·
Registered
908 Posts
Just the o rings. NBD. or you can even just rub a little oil on the injector ports on the manifold and it'll all slide right in without massive amount of force :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The coupler for the throttle body will reach but you have to bend the bracket holding all the wiring together.

·
Registered
329 Posts
is this simple enough that i could take off the adapter,rbc, and zdx throttlebody and pop on my stock manifold and throttle body if it needed to go to the dealer for warranty work? Trying to keep this thing warranty friendly lol. Or would i be messing up the rbcs power band not raising my rev limiter?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
is this simple enough that i could take off the adapter,rbc, and zdx throttlebody and pop on my stock manifold and throttle body if it needed to go to the dealer for warranty work? Trying to keep this thing warranty friendly lol. Or would i be messing up the rbcs power band not raising my rev limiter?
Yes just keep all your parts. You will need a new gasket and some hoses to return to stock. Fairly simple

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
279 Posts
Damn didnt even consider this tho when I got my oil burning issue fixed they didn't say anything bout my cai n exhaust... However a new im n tb might bring more attention

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts