9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first day of work today at Dennys and a customer came in saying that a black honda has been broken into. I was praying that it wasn't mine but sadly it was :(

They broke my passenger window....the weird thing is that nothing was stolen. I think the person who busted it got witnessed by a customer so they ran off before they could take anything but damn...what a day :(

I'm a sad girl :(

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Haters gonna hate when you have something good. Im glad that was the extent to the damage and that you're ok. Definitely could have been worse like them pouring paint inside the car. Window replacement varies from 200 to about 350 depending on where and who does it. Maybe your insurance will cover it if you have comprehensive.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Man that's terrible n it's such a public place. Smh.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
LMAO^

But on a real note I'm sorry to hear that! Its a good thing they didnt take anything though. Thats why when I'm out in public I park my car in my sight. Also maybe you should consider getting a alarm system? Viper makes a hell of a product that notifies you via keychain. A couple of my friends have them installed and they work quite well I must say.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
my insurance company has a $500 deductible for collision and comprehensive. Idk if thats if the total damage is over 500 or what. But that sux if you have to pay out of pocket.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
No one reads my post? -.-
I definitely read your post, i just dont know if comprehensive covers it with no deductible under the deductible amount or whatnot. I guess i worded my post weird. I was kinda thinking out loud. Basically, if your deductible is 500, and the window is 300, will they cover the price of the window without charging you a deductible? Ive never had to use my insurance really:p

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I definitely read your post, i just dont know if comprehensive covers it with no deductible under the deductible amount or whatnot. I guess i worded my post weird. I was kinda thinking out loud. Basically, if your deductible is 500, and the window is 300, will they cover the price of the window without charging you a deductible? Ive never had to use my insurance really:p
No you either pay the deductible or pay it yourself. This happened to me in my 8th gen. Window cost 300 to replace and my deductible was 500. I just payed the 300 for a new one. Insurance won't cover it.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
No you either pay the deductible or pay it yourself. This happened to me in my 8th gen. Window cost 300 to replace and my deductible was 500. I just payed the 300 for a new one. Insurance won't cover it.
Yeah thats what i thought...retarded! Insurance companies are a bunch of freaking thieves!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yeah thats what i thought...retarded! Insurance companies are a bunch of freaking thieves!!
Thieves? Hate to break it to ya, but this is how insurance works. If the damage is less than the deductible amount that YOU choose when your bought your policy then you pay for it out of your own pocket. If it's more, then insurance will pay the difference. Sure you can lower your comprehensive deductible and be covered for things like broken windows, etc., but your premium will go up substantially. That, and a few claims on comprehensive will likely raise your insurance rates.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
You are better off just eating this. Carrying a 500 deductible means you will pay for anything under that amount.i wouldn't even contact them. Today they look for a reason to raise rates of drop you.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
is just a window,pay it out of your own pocket. if not you gonna get ass rape by insurance or they will drop you for something bs. another note find a better job because Denny's is usually where all the hood rats go to.

·
Registered
109 Posts
What was in your car that they would have wanted to steal? Thank god your car isn't missing like the other person on the forum!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts