9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting a 2012 Civic coupe in Taffeta White soon, as my first car. I currently drive a 2005 Lexus ES330(Dad's), a 2002 Acura MDX(Mom's) and a 2003 Honda Accord V6(Grandpa's). How is the ride in the New Civic? Are you guys liking your Civics so far? :Banane08:

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Welcome to the 9th!
Its my first Honda, i learned to drive on a '98 carolla, '00 Senta, and '95 Grand Marquis...i traded in an '06 Altima to get better gas mileage and its a car my fiance is more comfortable driving as its a better size for her...

So far we both love it. Smooth ride, easy handling, good features as far as technology/comfort...i have not been getting as good gas mileage as advertised, but i think its symptomatic of my location and driving habits, not the car itself...

Overall very happy - hope you will be too! good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the LX in Taffeta White as well. You'll love it. It's AMAAAAZING on gas and very fun to drive I drove from my place in Orange County, CA to the Bay Area (425 miles) on one tank. Averaged 44 mpg and that was without Econ mode and with air conditioning on.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Welcome! I have had several cars so far in my life.
Chevy S-10 pickup, Ford Explorer, Dodge Dakota, 2 Ford Mustang's (One convertible/one coupe), a POS Pontiac Sunbird, a Mazda 3, and now the Civic.

The Civic is by far the smoothest best car yet. It's fun to drive and since it's a Honda I know I'll have it for a very long time. You're going to love it.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
what year dakota did you have? I just came from a 98, and every time I fixed something there was a new $400-$700 repair it sucked, the new civic has already paid for itself

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Im either going to get the EX with Navigation or the EX-L :D
so how much longer until you geti t??

Welcome! I have had several cars so far in my life.
Chevy S-10 pickup, Ford Explorer, Dodge Dakota, 2 Ford Mustang's (One convertible/one coupe), a POS Pontiac Sunbird, a Mazda 3, and now the Civic.

The Civic is by far the smoothest best car yet. It's fun to drive and since it's a Honda I know I'll have it for a very long time. You're going to love it.
thats a nice line up, i had a lowered silverado, 7inch lift silverado, 15 inch lift silverado, lancer, 05 and 08 wrx, svt raptor and a speed3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so how much longer until you geti t??
Well,my parents are trying to buy a new house too, so maybe in a month or so but most likely before i go back to school;which is August 16th. Me and my my parents are going to the dealership tomorrow to check out the new Civics and test drive the coupe. :driving:

·
Registered
896 Posts
what year dakota did you have? I just came from a 98, and every time I fixed something there was a new $400-$700 repair it sucked, the new civic has already paid for itself
It was a white 2002 Sport 4x4. I loved the truck, but when I moved from my home state of MA to FL I no longer needed the 4x4 so I traded it for the Mustang Convertible.....fit in down here better. lol
I didnt have it for very long at all, but do know how much a pain and expensive Mopar parts are. Dodge was ranked worst reliable brand of 2011 for some study too. Not really surprised. My friend has a Jeep and a Ram and thats all he does is fix it.

My worst cars were the S-10 and the Sunbird. After those I vowed never to ever buy a Chevy again in my life. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts