9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I want to install components, can I simply plug in the new midbass and tweeter and use the existing crossover, or do I have to disconnect it (and find it first) and hook up the included component crossover? I would think I could just leave the stock in place, no???

Also, between Scosche and Metra both their websites and tech support people won't confirm (nor deny) any speaker harness adapter or speaker back plate adapter (for aftermarket 6.5" or 6.75" speakers) that will fit the 2012 Civic.

PLEASE if you have used either brand, models Scosche SAHC634 (6.75" adapter) or SAHR6 (6.5"), or the Metra 82-7803 (6.5") let me know.

For speaker direct connect harnesss - the Metra 72-7800 or Scosche SHH01B or SHH02B versions.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for all the views an NO replies :)

I think I got it.

And to answer my own question - the crossover is on the tweeter itself, built in you could say. I am replacing the set with Rockford Fosgate 6.75" componenets that have the same in-tweeter corsserover set up, so it is a direct replacment as far as wiring.

I do wish there was concrete info out there on metra or Scosche or whomver makes speaker wiring harnesses for direct plug in - there is so much conflicting (or lack of confirming or denying it will fit) information.

I can say the front and rear speakers look like a rectangular plug and the tweeters are a smaller square one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hate dealing with those kits and I honestly wish we didn't stock any of them. IMO Metra kits are of a much better quality and they hold up better. I can't even tell you the number of scosche kits I've had broken in the bag, or break while installing because they were flimsy. Just my opinion.
Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts