9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
601 Posts
I'd love to get some Spoon calipers, but the price of admission is steep and I don't think they hold up too well to winter driving.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
nice finally some spoon part work for the 9th gen
what application did these calipers come from?
fkx racing been using many spoon race parts on fb6/fg4 for over 3 years now...

quality, durable & very affordable

my 2012 civic lx sedan with 17x8.5 spoon cr93 custom powder coated to white

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you're asking if they make a specific caliper for our car, no they do not. This fit bolted right on with stock rotor. Only modification was to the dust shield

·
Registered
313 Posts
so Its either for an S2000 or an integra or tsx
just keep in mind if you are going to use the s2000 caliper that they are mount towards the rear of the car as you can see from the pic I posted above compared to the front like a 9th gen.

The spoon calipers have 2 different sized pistons with the smaller piston coming first with the bigger piston trailing it. If you put them on without swapping the hard line / bleeder valve ( I have no guarantee this works but from the diagrams I see no reason why it wouldn't) you would have the bigger piston contacting first with the smaller piston trailing. Spoon designs it this way so you have even pad wear so you might experience some uneven pad wear if it is in the wrong order.

the 45020-MBF-G00 is made for forward mounted calipers so that might be a better choice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts