9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rolled 1100 miles with my christmas road trip, and girlfriend had the radio down so we could "talk", lovely trip, but I noticed after driving for about 3 hours and getting off the interstate, the clutch was kind of squeeky.

Anybody else notice their clutch making noise? It still grabs fine, just when I depress the pedal it makes kind of a squeek noise. Not a huge problem, but can be annoying with the radio off.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have the same problem... The pedal clutch starts to make some strange noise after 600 miles...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hmm, does it squeak when you release the pedal and engage the clutch? Even more so, does it squeak with the engine off as well? If then i'ld say faulty release bearing. Odd on a car that is still brand new.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, does it squeak when you release the pedal and engage the clutch? Even more so, does it squeak with the engine off as well? If then i'ld say faulty release bearing. Odd on a car that is still brand new.
Tested this this morning, it does not squeek while pushing the clutch in,rather it's when I let it out, obviously when the clutch is disengaging, that it makes the squeek sound. Throwout bearing you think? It also makes it with the engine off.

I've been doing the break-in, so I haven't even driven the car hard yet.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Clutch noise

About a week ago i started hearing a squeking or like grinding of worn out brakes sound from my car when i take off in first. It only last a couple of second and isn't loud but its noticable. It doesn't happen in other gears or i just can't hear it. the clutch feels fine just has that noise when taking off. What could this be?
K24Z7 Crew Member #45

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Usually a squeaking sound related to a clutch would be the throw out bearing but it tends to be most noticeable with the pedal depressed not while engaging into first gear.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had an accord that had a squeaky return spring i think its called. It just needed some grease and the problem was solved. I would try laying down on the floor and pressing the clutch in and out with your hand and see if you hear anything.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanx, I'm taking it to the dealer but imma wait until my oil change unless it gets worst

K24Z7 Crew Member #45

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem, I drove 300 miles from Cali to Vegas. When I was driving on the strip I started hearing this noise every time I would engage into first and take off. It sounds like metal grinding for a slight second or like a metal gate opening. The car doesn't feel any diff just the noise doesnt sound good. Plz post what the dealer says.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanx, I'm at a little over 18000 miles right now hopefully if it's something that needs to be fixed it's covered by the warranty.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Its hard to understand what you are describing maybe a sound clip of it would help but anyways in the past I had similar noise come from my 7th gen civic and it was bad transmission bearings. It would only do it in first gear. I doubt thats what it is unless but it also a possibility.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Every Civic I've owned in 20 years did this, including my RSX. 3 of the vehicles made it over 155k, one made it to 67k. Other than greasing it, there doesn't seem to be a need to replace anything. Since the car is under warranty though you might as well see what they say.

I guess what I'm saying is that over the numerous years and numerous cars I've had the famous "squeaky Honda clutch" issue, and after reading about the multitude of suggestions to replace this or that...I never replaced even so much as a screw and never had shifting problems despite putting 10's of thousands of miles on them after first experiencing it. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a harmless sound. Grease lasts about a week or two before it's back, had it done a few times for free while getting an oil change.

So were on the same page, this video illustrates what I'm talking about:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Think i have same issue but 1,2,3rd gears like upshifting and just letting it rev out. Same issue?

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
270 Posts
I took it to the dealer and the tech dro e it and didn't hear anything. It only happens ever once in awhile and seems to be when I'm on an incline. Another member had this prob and had to get the clutch replaced

K24Z7 Crew Member #45

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah. I took my si to the dealer and got sent home with the same issue. The problem is getting worst now. Also, above 60mph on 6th gear, there are noises coming from samewhere near the dashboard. What do you think this is?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
359 Posts
Squeeling coming out of first gear, plates in transmission clatching Honda wont fix!!

So this is the 2nd or 3rd time going to Honda about my 12 SI Sedan this problem. When I slowly let off the clutch and engage the gas you hear two plates hitting eachother in the transmission. took it by Honda they said they couldn't hear it, I did again and he said he has seen it in a few cars not worth replacing it may happen again. So the Service women calls me and she says it may not be covered by the way you drive, and they have a car reserved for me and they are going to lift it up. So I called back today to my main guy and he said that the service tech said he heard it but its not worth replacing, I said its bothering me and it only has 26k miles on it, hes like well we don't replace the steel plates on how you drive, I said how do you know how I drive if you haven't even seen me drive? So they said they saw a throttle body spacer and filter, I took the TBS off before I even complained about the noise, and didn't even have my intake in yet. So he said since I have an intake / TBS they aren't responsible to replace it, I said what does that have to do with the clutch and transmission? He didn't say anything. He said come in Friday and talk to the manager over the phone since they have to replace my carpet. I said I didn't even have an intake or TBS when I dropped it off and complained the first time, so I have the receipt of the intake and they have records when I came in and didn't even have it on. So what do I do? I need advice, its annoying to hear the plates kick here and there, and it shouldn't be the problem since I have a CAI, it has nothing to do with clutch,or transmission so they cant say no especially since it wasn't even on when I first complained the two times. What do I do? What are my rights? I cant complain it as a lemon because the laws in Maryland say the car has to be registered here and 18k miles or less, my car is registered in TN. So what can I do? I know the owner and he was extremely nice to me when I bought it and never said no to anything I asked for. I used to work here. Should I go somewhere else, or does the system transfer to another dealer? I'm really upset I just spent 500 on a takeda exhaust and bought a cold air intake. HELP PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the same problem, took it to the dealership and they didn't hear it. The tech told me to bring it up when it gets worse. as far as advice i really can't help. Just be stern but not an asshole and bring a copy of the magnus moss act or whatever its called as far as the mods u have

K24Z7 Crew Member #45.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts