9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in the forums had their steering wheel control buttons paint chip off? I'm upset cause I've only had this car for six months and I just noticed the button paint starting to chip off. What are the dealership warranty coverage? How would one go about complaing to get this issue resolved?

-Brian

(will post pictures once I get home)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
My suspicion is that they'll say it's wear and tear and not cover it. Chevy did that with my mom's TrailBlazer.

The only major wear I had on my 2006 Si's steering wheel was the emblem had a plastic like lacquer start chipping and peeling off towards 45,000 miles, and the paint was STARTING to wear thin on the volume or channel up button. But that was about it.

I was nervous ever since then, so I just try to avoid resting my fingers anywhere near it lol

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Warranty work... Crusie control button paint chipping!!!

Well. Noticed this issues bout month ago... Had em look at it two weeks ago when I had my oil change and they ordered new piece... So I'm sitting at dealer now for next hour or so waiting to get her fixed... Anyone else have this issue? And no my fingernails don't contact this place... And also I did not remove my pretzel for oil change or today for this warranty work.. they have never said nothing bout it... :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

Reactions: AlienPrime

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
14 k on her... i would expect paint on volume control to chip first if anything cause its used more...if u can tell in pic looks like a little ridge there in one part of paint. thats not something ive stuck on there...lol...looks like paint defect of some sort.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
i was hoping it was just me and it was just a fluke...hope this isnt going to be another underlying problem...least its a easy fix... just cosmetic and not mechanical...

·
Registered
386 Posts
i was hoping it was just me and it was just a fluke...hope this isnt going to be another underlying problem...least its a easy fix... just cosmetic and not mechanical...
That sucks bro. Hope i don't get this.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
I know why I don't get any issues at my dealership...
Guy in charge of service is same guy that had tuner shop in town bout 9 years ago in my heavy car modding days.... Hadn't seen him in years... He said mod away....lol

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Took bout hour to fix

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Now for a car wash... Lol... Here's new piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
That's nice that it was quick for ya. nice and easy

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
My 2006 Si started doing this on the H emblem on the steering wheel and the volume up button after about five years. I expected that based on the number of times I touch that button.

Given how much bigger these buttons are, I am trying to mix it up by using the head unit button and the steering wheel buttons both, so that way it doesn't wear as fast: the last thing I want is my dealer telling me "Oh, Im sorry that's wear and tear - not covered".

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
My 2006 Si started doing this on the H emblem on the steering wheel and the volume up button after about five years. I expected that based on the number of times I touch that button.

Given how much bigger these buttons are, I am trying to mix it up by using the head unit button and the steering wheel buttons both, so that way it doesn't wear as fast: the last thing I want is my dealer telling me "Oh, Im sorry that's wear and tear - not covered".
i always use my gps to switch.

hope the screen doesn't wear down hahaha

·
Registered
48 Posts
12 coupe interior issues.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1363798117.414239.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1363798134.061902.jpg
I have 35k in my 12 coupe and as you can see the buttons on the steering wheel and on the door are prematurely rubbing off. So I talked to my dealer and he said that it is under warranty! I had a 09 civic and a 07 fit sport both over 50k and none of the buttons rubbed off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Photoshop Masta
2,880 Posts
Interesting "wear". But good to know that it's warranted, in case it happens to anyone else.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I've only seen this happen in my uncles hummer. Glad it's covered though! I'm sitting in my car right now and I don't notice anything similar yet.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
What? It's covered??? I thought it wasn't. i'm at 25K and i'm having the same steering wheel right button next to source issue. I need to take my car in then.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,880 Posts
What? It's covered??? I thought it wasn't. i'm at 25K and i'm having the same steering wheel right button next to source issue. I need to take my car in then.
I know right? Looks like it's normal "wear and tear"...but maybe 'cause it's too soon or something. Anyways. Glad it is.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts