9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Do you all have experience with "wheelskins"? - they don't have the 2012 as an option yet, but I am thinking it's the same steering wheel dimensions as 2011 - does anyone know for sure? - I want to get euro perf white top/bottom - solid black for the sides...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Last time I checked, the 2012 steering wheel felt exactly like the 2011's, size wise anyway.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
794 Posts
NP go for it, you know I really like the small "race like" steering wheel on the 8th and 9th gen civics.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
18 Posts
steering wheel cover

I've tried a few standard steering wheel covers (you know, the ones you can find at Wal-Mart, Autozone, etc), and every one has been too large for the 2012 Civic Wheel - though the parts guy at the dealer told me the wheel is "normal/standard size".

Anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive wheel cover (I like a "grippy" feel on the wheel if that makes sense). I know I can get a leather wrap put on for $200 but that is about $190 out of my target price :)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
civic steering wheel covers

I found a great webiste "wheelskins.com" the specialize in custom fit leather covers and told me that you can use the same leather cover from the 2011 (8th gen) civics. They are only $68 and real leather custom fit!!!

Can't wait to get mine, I ordered perforated leather.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Does anyone else have suggestions for covers that will fit the 2012 Civic steering wheel? I'm looking for something that's not leather.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I found a great webiste "wheelskins.com" the specialize in custom fit leather covers and told me that you can use the same leather cover from the 2011 (8th gen) civics. They are only $68 and real leather custom fit!!!

Can't wait to get mine, I ordered perforated leather.
Did you get and install them yet? If so, how is it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Steering Wheel Cover?

2012 Honda Civic EX, picked it up yesterday from the dealership. On my last Civic (99 SE) the steering wheel was seriously worn down by my husband's rough hands. I don't want that to happen again, so one of the first things we did was drive to Canadian Tire to get a steering wheel cover.

Apparently, the steering wheel has a smaller diameter than standard? CT only had standard sizes and we bought one and had to return it because it was too large.

Anyone know where I could get a steering wheel cover that would fit the wheel?

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
359 Posts
My 12 si steering wheel is cracking

So around one side if the steering wheel I'm starting to see ripples like the leather is going to crack. How can this be the car is brand new? Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
mine is starting to show some wear too and I'm at 7000 miles

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
great....... exactly what i dont want to happen. kinda makes me want to buy a new one, and keep it as a spare so if i go to sell the car, it doesnt look like complete crap

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yup... mine is starting to crack bottom right side... 2600 miles.
I really love the Si steering wheel... to bad it turned out to be as cheap as the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
359 Posts
So what the heck is going on I have 1700mi on it why is It cracking?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 54 Posts