9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know how to remove the steering wheel emblem? Im not trying to have an air bag blow up in my face, haha.

Also, is our emblem size the same as an 8th gen? If I take mine off I'd like to put it on my girls 06 civic cause hers is all worn.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
not quite sure but from what ive heard, Jason (member on this site with a RR EX Coupe) said you don't need to remove the H emblem. you can put the red emblem over it. im assuming thats what you wanna do. the size im not too sure of but i think it might work

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that just doesn't seem right, i dont really want to slap something over it. seems like a ghetto rig to me lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cant you use like fish string and go under the emblem
not sure how it is attached in there. If it is just glued on there then that would work easy, but it might have pins or something behind it too.

I'm sure I could take some pliers and pull it out, but I don't want to damage the emblem.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
That's how you put it on. Doing it this way allows it to sit at proper level on the wheel, not to mention, the top of the emblem is curved allowing it to be set on the stock emblem without issue.

If you still want to remove the emblem, you could pry it off. It's held on with the same adhesive the red one does. As long as it's the same as the 8th gen, it will be the same as far as removal.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's how you put it on. Doing it this way allows it to sit at proper level on the wheel, not to mention, the top of the emblem is curved allowing it to be set on the stock emblem without issue.

If you still want to remove the emblem, you could pry it off. It's held on with the same adhesive the red one does. As long as it's the same as the 8th gen, it will be the same as far as removal.
alright cool I trust you. The lady friend will not be happy cause she has to buy her own emblem now, haha

·
Registered
179 Posts
Back with J's Racing Steering Wheel Emblem installed!

Came in today...Installed today! And the FG3Squad decal.:wigglesmiley:

And If you guys were wondering.... I just layed the decal right on top of the factory one.

IMAG0234.jpg IMAG0236.jpg IMAG0238.jpg IMAG0240.jpg IMAG0241.jpg

Reactions: BONESTOCKFB6

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Looks great man! I see that little chip down there on the bottom, I have that too. I contacted them about it they said all of them have it? I couldn't return it anyway since my uncle decided to put em on my car without me knowing haha.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah I noticed that when I was installing it. Haha Thats all bad. Did he just lay it on the factory one?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yeah I noticed that when I was installing it. Haha Thats all bad. Did he just lay it on the factory one?
Yup laid it over the factory one. It looks good thought despite that little chip on the bottom, it's whatever! Still sexy to me haha and it looks better than those overlays and other crap people are selling out there.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yup laid it over the factory one. It looks good thought despite that little chip on the bottom, it's whatever! Still sexy to me haha and it looks better than those overlays and other crap people are selling out there.
Oh hell yeah. And its worth the bucks for a worth it mod. Haha you goin to the Sonics this Friday night?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yeah it's a cool cheap mod haha and I don't know, what's goin on over there?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Every first friday of every month theres a meet at Sonics. Come chill.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Ohh I see but wouldn't the first friday of the month be next week? haha

·
Registered
179 Posts
Oh yeahhh. lmao :pat:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great man! I see that little chip down there on the bottom, I have that too. I contacted them about it they said all of them have it? I couldn't return it anyway since my uncle decided to put em on my car without me knowing haha.
From what I understand that is actually there from when they break them off the molds when manufacturing them

·
Registered
179 Posts
Haha I'll probably check it out! I kinda want to get a milkshake or a sonic blast lol
Haha. I always grab somethin from Sonics before I go park. haha

·
Registered
179 Posts
From what I understand that is actually there from when they break them off the molds when manufacturing them
Wow. Every single one of em are like that? haha

1 - 20 of 101 Posts