9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not the build up if sweat and dead skin. I actually clean my steering wheel quite often yet it still remains "sticky" which is really bothering me. Pretty sure it's the rubber or plastic they used.
Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get rid of the sticky feeling? Lol
I'm thinking of getting a new steering wheel Steering Wheel by Swing-N-Slide http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I1CH5M/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_8IKJtb074JR95

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,358 Posts
I have a cloth cover on it. Gets dirty? Oxiclean and we're good as new.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I bought a Wheelskins cowhide steering wheel cover to protect the wheel. It's about $55 delivered on eBay. You have to stitch it on with the supplied string and needle. My previous steering wheel had deteriorated on my '93 Civic due to sun, so I'm preserving the new one.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Mine feels rather dry, honestly, but I like it. Feels like new leather... What type of cleaner are you using? Don't use a 3-in-1 product.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine feels rather dry, honestly, but I like it. Feels like new leather... What type of cleaner are you using? Don't use a 3-in-1 product.
Interior wipes. No matter what I use, it always seems to be left sticky.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
First, I would clean it with a rag and rubbing alcohol. This will dry it out and remove anything making it feel sticky. Next, I would get a quality leather treatment to follow up, such as Lexol, and let it cure in the hot sun. It may feel sticky for a short bit until the conditioner soaks into the leather, but it shouldn't stay that way.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,358 Posts
Where did you get that? I love the ribbing pattern of the fabric!
It's looks like wrapped and knotted paracord, or some such. Or is it actually a pre-made cover, jung?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn. I'm way too lazy and untalented to do that, much less make it look that nice. Haha. Great job tho!
Thanks lol it feels much better. Once you get the hang of it, it just gets really boring and repetitive haha
Normally I'd be too lazy to do that but I just got sick of the wheel with this humidity and heat.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,358 Posts
My daughter can make those woven cord bracelets all day long. I should show her the picture and get her to do it.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My daughter can make those woven cord bracelets all day long. I should show her the picture and get her to do it.
Actually made one for my nephew the yesterday.
There's so many ways to wrap stuff, maybe she knows a neater way.
The way I did it was messy but if I need to take it off quick all I have to do is pull apart the melted end and it should unravel itself.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts