9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I've had good results with leather conditioner wipes and not just the wheel all the plastic on the dash, door panels etc...
Armour All not so good. Did the tires on one of the bikes. Uh...not so smart damn Aggy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
for the future: i had the same problem and annoyance really. i got my steering wheel made in Alcantara and it was was great. the refurbishment went fasther then i expected and i got my wheel back 2 weeks after i sent it off. I worked with woodensteeringwheels.com

·
Registered
39 Posts
By using harsh chemicals (Lysol wipes, anything with alcohol, ect) on treated leather steering wheels will cause a break down of those protective coatings and you will begin to experience shedding and it starts with having a sticky steering wheel. Only use high quality leather cleaners and protectants on leather steering wheels, and approved plastic cleaners on non leather wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No not the build up if sweat and dead skin. I actually clean my steering wheel quite often yet it still remains "sticky" which is really bothering me. Pretty sure it's the rubber or plastic they used.
Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get rid of the sticky feeling? Lol
I'm thinking of getting a new steering wheel Steering Wheel by Swing-N-Slide reverse image search email checker port checker QUOTE]
et it cure in the hot sun. It may feel sticky for a short bit until the conditioner soaks into the leather, but it shouldn't stay that way.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts