9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a really clean stock 2013 civic si off the lot low miles 20k im going to be doing some engine mods over the next year or so but for staters i just ordered an HPS CAI to install this weekend will be getting my hondata next month and was wondering as far as exhaust goes is it worth the extra 500$ for the skunk2 alpha downpipe on top of the mega power rr catback? or will i see about the same gains with tjust the mega power rr and the intake?!? thanks for your time guys have a good one!

·
Registered
74 Posts
just picked up a really clean stock 2013 civic si off the lot low miles 20k im going to be doing some engine mods over the next year or so but for staters i just ordered an HPS CAI to install this weekend will be getting my hondata next month and was wondering as far as exhaust goes is it worth the extra 500$ for the skunk2 alpha downpipe on top of the mega power rr catback? or will i see about the same gains with tjust the mega power rr and the intake?!? thanks for your time guys have a good one!
Best bang for the buck would be to go FI. But, for our cars, I would definitely go downpipe. There's a thread out there that states that if going NA, DP is like 80% of the power gains or something.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Downpipe and exhaust for sure. Although I have heard that the skunk2 tend to crack more than other downpipes. I would also recommend a stiffer rear motor mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts