9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
stock size on a 2012-2013 is 60mm or 2.37" and i believe stock size for 2014-2015 is 64mm or 2.5"

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
HAHA I have the Q300 and my lady complains!
My lady used to complain about the smell from being catless but now she's all gravy. She loves the Full-Race sound/tone, I honestly don't know if she'd still date me if she had to put up with Skunk2 Exhaust cruising the highway at 3k RPM. You practically have to yell to have a conversation. Good thing though is if it's your first date and you're worried about a awkward car ride to lunch/dinner y'all wont have a chance to talk in the car so no need to worry! HAHA!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard the exhaust is loud so I think I'll probably keep the silencer in it to help out. I read that skunk's silencer doesn't restrict it much so I hope it works out. I've also heard a couple videos and it seems low key. How do u guys feel about silencers?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Why buy a loud exhaust to keep a silencer on it? Why not just buy a quieter exhaust? If I could buy another exhaust I would pick up the Full Race. I will be selling my Q300 at some point down the road to buy the Full Race. I just got a smoking deal on a used Q300 system so I took it.

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
I think buying a Skunk2 and keeping the Silencer on isn't worth it. You look like you HAD a 3in exhaust and then restricted it to 1in. With it on it isn't as loud but it still is louder than a Q300 for example.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Why buy a loud exhaust to keep a silencer on it? Why not just buy a quieter exhaust? If I could buy another exhaust I would pick up the Full Race. I will be selling my Q300 at some point down the road to buy the Full Race. I just got a smoking deal on a used Q300 system so I took it.
Why are you changing from Q300 to Full Race?

·
Registered
70 Posts
2015 stock size of B pipe is 2.4 inch, it turns to an oval 2.1 x 2.4, just before the first muffler it is 2.33, over the rear control arm is flat on the bottom 2.25 x 2.1 ish flat. All OD.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Why are you changing from Q300 to Full Race?
Preparing for forced induction. I want a 3" exhaust to get the most I can out of it. I am also getting tired of the infamous Q300 rattle. I have been trying to get it in the shop for another attempt to quiet the rattles.

And the Full Race would match my downpipe :)

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Re: OP question, I think it would be interesting to know the weight difference between stock and aftermarket catbacks.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts