9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been discussed about and the final verdict seems to be do not use leds as they create a scattered beam pattern which can affect on coming drivers. (when used with the stock headlight housing)

However, I came across these leds.

9006 LED Headlight Kit | 9006 LED Fog Light Upgrade

I emailed them asking about this and their response was "LED bulbs are designed to give you the same pattern of light that you would get from the stock bulbs, "

Does anyone have any experience with these bulbs?

My biggest concern again is that these might be too bright and potentially dangerous for other drivers. They are rated at ~1750 lumens per bulb

·
Registered
314 Posts
I predict a future where LED are standard in vehicles. If you are preparing to upgrade, you should look at LED vs HID kits rather than LED vs Halogen bulbs. LEDs are more durable (no filament), have a longer lifespan, operate at a lower temperature, and are extremely efficient unlike halogen and HIDs.

I can't vouch for any experience with LED lights, but you should be the guinea pig and try them out. Return them if you are unhappy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this topic has been discussed about and the final verdict seems to be do not use leds as they create a scattered beam pattern which can affect on coming drivers. (when used with the stock headlight housing)

However, I came across these leds.

9006 LED Headlight Kit | 9006 LED Fog Light Upgrade

I emailed them asking about this and their response was "LED bulbs are designed to give you the same pattern of light that you would get from the stock bulbs, "

Does anyone have any experience with these bulbs?

My biggest concern again is that these might be too bright and potentially dangerous for other drivers. They are rated at ~1750 lumens per bulb
Did you try them?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you try them?
I had leds in both my DRLs and low beams. When driving in the city, no one flashes you to indicate your low beams are too bright. When I went on a road trip to Yosemite where there are many single lane roads, I was getting flashed numerous times by on coming traffic. I instantly knew they were too bright and was causing danger to other drivers.

I still have leds for my DRLS but I have retrofitted my headlights with projectors (HIDs) for my low beams and they are immensely safer and distribute light much better than leds. It cost me around 500 so much more expensive than just buying plug and play leds but they offer a safe cutoff line.

Here is a picture of the leds in action vs my projectors. Notice how poorly the leds distribute the light and cause massive glare at other drivers.
http://instagr.am/p/BigeGv3F7_K/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts