9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the Stop Tech Sport Drilled/Slotted rotors will fit inside the stock wheels with stock Calipers and pads (or if aftermarket pads will fit on the stock calipers). My buddy is selling me his stock 2018 civic ex alloy wheels (not the sport alloy wheels) and I was wondering if these rotors will have proper clearance or if I should just save up and get a new wheel and tire setup that will fit these aftermarket rotors. I also wanted to know how much of a difference there is between the stock breaks and these Stop Tech rotors with a new set of pads or if I should get a full big break kit. Any information would be helpful, thanks. My apologies in advanced if this information is easily found doing a bit or research, I just figured I'd ask if anyone else had any experience with this issue and could relay that information to me and others who may be looking into the Stop Tech rotors.

Here is the link to the rotors I am looking at from procivic : StopTech Sport Drilled Rotors for 2012 Honda Civic 4 Door Sedan LX

the wheel specs for the 2018 ex alloy wheels are
rim - 7Jx16 ET45 , 7Jx17 ET45
tire - 215/55R16 , 215/50R17

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The rotors are stock replacement and have the same diameter as OEM, so by default they will fit under the stock wheels.

IMO, getting these would purely be for looks. OEM solid rotors with a good pad is all you need.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rotors are stock replacement and have the same diameter as OEM, so by default they will fit under the stock wheels.

IMO, getting these would purely be for looks. OEM solid rotors with a good pad is all you need.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Any pad recommendations? Looking for good stopping power for autocross events, thanks for the info I greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I've read good things about EBC. I've not tried them, they were pricey (I need to stop once at high speed).
This may help your decision, it's interesting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts