9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1990 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising to work on the highway this morning behind an 8th gen black SI coupe (I have it in 4-dr), when all of a sudden this Corolla comes up from behind almost sideswiping us. Little did I soon realize...it was the 9th gen civic SI in some ugly army green color. I have to say Honda, I hope those rumors about a 2013 redesign are genuinely true.

·
Registered
209 Posts
lol word!!!!!!! damn!!!..but you said green..damn that guy did a whole custom paint job on it already

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was cruising to work on the highway this morning behind an 8th gen black SI coupe (I have it in 4-dr), when all of a sudden this Corolla comes up from behind almost sideswiping us. Little did I soon realize...it was the 9th gen civic SI in some ugly army green color. I have to say Honda, I hope those rumors about a 2013 redesign are genuinely true.
I call BS, there is no green. Haters keep hatin', I know I'm faster than you :)

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
hahaha. This is funnie...Maybe the army green 9th gen civic si had a ebay turbo kit? lol...or some military upgrade?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH I ran into a red 8th gen si sedan...slammed, with tires, rims, header, exhaust and intake. He and I were at a light... He had about a half car at the light on me... as the light changed, we both engaged 1st easy, and than both slammed it. I was glued to this guys door..exactly at the point where we lined up at the light..he DID not pull on me at all.. even with his upgrades. As we approached 100, I began catching up and than passed him... interesting... and yea..this was a light..on a closed road.. yea.... that's it, closed road..... ;)

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
lol. Just an FYI for future reference. The 9th is no faster than the 8th. Look it up.
LOL FYI.. the 2012 Si SMOKES the 8th gen on the highway.... EASILY. From a dig... depends on the driver and launching rpms. But Mod Magazine pulled a 6.3 0-60 launched at 3500 rpms, on the 2012. The 2012, especially around town... rolling.. will also take out the 8th gen.. TORQUE baby..TORQUE. BTW.. Magazines #'s don't mean squat.. real world racing provides all the answer... This car is A LOT quicker than people are giving it credit..especially compared to the 8th gen.

Reactions: Civi9

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Found a Pmm ex-l

I was visiting home today and ran into a Pmm ex-l we raced out of the light and then pulled over and talked he said he will check out the 9th, score!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
88 Posts
Racing only!

Just beat a MANUAL 2009 honda civic si hatchback on the highway for a qtr mile off a green light! He should be ashamed bcuz i have an AUTOMATIC civic lx sedan -_- lol
I had to win it for my 9th Gen family!

Reactions: SolidEye

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Maybe smuggled in from Europe?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Or more then likley he ment 7th gen hatch SI...Pics or it didn't happen lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lol ma bad guys i forgot what year but its the newest si hatchback.. But i did really win.. I know its sad lol give me some credit dammit

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
if its a 09 SI how the hell he lost.. he probaly didnt know how to drive a manual PERIOD.. that just makes the honda scene looks bad with stupied ignorant people that dont know shit at all.. IMO..
but 09 si hatch?? u mean coupe or sedan?
the hatch bacc are on the other side from the USA buddy :D\
unless your talking about the 7th gen civic 01-05 civic si hatch

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea iknow its a shame.. But 9th Gens are def the best!

Reactions: trung09
1 - 20 of 1990 Posts