9th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
There are tracks ( pacific raceways, bremerton ) but that costs money to race at, and there will always be people that would rather street race. It was that way when I was in high school back in the early 80's, except it was old muscle cars not imports.
Kent is also an industrial area, mostly warehouses with straight, flat roads, and that is attractive to street racers.
What's really funny is the cops thinking they will blend in with an unmarked charger in a sea of imports.

Then let them race for free at the beginning or charge them minimal to become a member. The city would still be a winner. Once the track became "the place to be" then they could slowly raise the cost to race. I'm sure the amount of money spent on having all those cops chase these kids around would certainly pay for the track. The city could even use the cash they make on all those violation tickets to build a track. What a disgraceful way for supposed adults to deal with the younger generation. Even one of the police officers admitted that he liked chasing them around like it's a game. The police are acting as immature as the racers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Totally agree with the idea of building a track, or having free nights.

Same as the '50's when kids had nowhere to go and street-raced or gambled at pool halls.

Create a social space that isn't crap and it's good all around.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Lol the guy at 5:00~ minutes just blabbing away!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
@ 18:00 he's like looking at other vehicles seeing what they can steal from others!!!??? are you fuckin serious!!!!! Its not against the law to loiter!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
what the hell!? Why doesn't the city of kent just build these kids a little track to race on for crying out loud. All the money and police energy chasing down these kids. Come on man!
agreed!

·
Registered
249 Posts
the local tracks here in summer often have a teen / young adult night that is pretty cheap to get in... but still people like to run em on the streets.... although Ive seen more "rolling start" races in small groups than anything big like that... where the cars roll on the freeway and then one beeps the horn a few times and 2 take off...
-Christopher

·
Registered
303 Posts
Who is everybody trying to fool? We all do it, if not we have done it. Hell some of us may even be planning on doing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
Not all of us....Most young people would probably admit to it, but I had a Pontiac Acadian when I was younger doing that was an impossibility. I don't do it now either, not even my LX against a Toyota LX. :wigglesmiley:

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Who is everybody trying to fool? We all do it, if not we have done it. Hell some of us may even be planning on doing it.
I did so against a Raptor today at lunch :p

He was pissed i beat him. The only reason i slowed down, was to see his sad little face HAHAHA :D

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
You could still see his face?

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
You could still see his face?
HAHA! Yupp :) He wasn't too pleased :p We only sped up to the speed limit anyways he was an older guy :p

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
To be fair, the first iteration of the Raptor only came with a 4.6L engine. The newer ones come with a 6.2L engine. But propelling a billion pound monster compared to a feather Si is a different story. I'd be more impressed if you were kicking a purpose built street truck like the supercharged F150 Lightning from yesteryear, not an off-road monster like the Raptor.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
To be fair, the first iteration of the Raptor only came with a 4.6L engine. The newer ones come with a 6.2L engine. But propelling a billion pound monster compared to a feather Si is a different story. I'd be more impressed if you were kicking a purpose built street truck like the supercharged F150 Lightning from yesteryear, not an off-road monster like the Raptor.
Those lightning were sick

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
HAHA YOUR VERY RIGHT

He was just revving his engine at me trying to make me seem insignificant... I didn't rev back, but the way i looked at him he knew i was gonna take off. Either way, i was pleased to show him up in my lil Civic :D

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
I also read this from another forum

The hanging doll or stuffed animal is an offering to the spirits of those that died in a traffic accident. It is hoped that the spirit will play with the toy and leave the car and driver alone. This superstition is thought to have originated in Korea. Since Thai people believe that ghost hang around near the location of their death. They also believe that the ghost are waiting to be reborn and may provoke an accident by tricking a driver, especially at night. In light of such superstitious beliefs, it makes sense that some Thais would readily adopt a practice that seeks to placate these devious spirits.

FB2 squad #17
Bikers have their own version of this.

We would hang what we call a Gremlin bell on the lowest part of the bike, usually at the bottom of the frame. Any gremlins that are present on your bike are attracted to the ringing bell, climb down to investigate, lose their grip, and fall off the bike. The bell is mounted as low as possible so the gremlin has little to grab onto to stay with the bike.

This custom is (was) more popular with HD riders for obvious reasons, especially years ago.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts