9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is just to give you guys an idea. I've had enough requests for it... 40 profile tire for all charts. Please feel free to comment if you feel that you can :smile:

195mm Tire Size Stretch RatingOnto wheel width
No Stretch7”
Very Mild Stretch7.5”
Reasonable Stretch8.0”
Slight over Stretch8.5”
Overly Stretched9.0”
Unreasonable Stretch9.5”
Astronomical Stretch10.0”
Not Possible10.5”

205mm Tire Size Stretch RatingOnto wheel width
Slight over size7”
No Stretch7.5”
Very Mild Stretch8.0”
Reasonable Stretch8.5”
Slight over Stretch9.0”
Overly Stretched9.5”
Unreasonable Stretch10.0”
Astronomical Stretch10.5”
Not Possible11.0”

215mm Tire Size Stretch RatingOnto wheel width
Oversized7”
No Stretch7.5”
No Stretch/Very mild8.0”
Mild Stretch8.5”
Reasonable Stretch9.0”
Slight over Stretch9.5”
Overly Stretched10.0”
Unreasonable Stretch10.5”
Astronomical Stretch11.0”

225mm Tire Size Stretch RatingOnto wheel width
Oversized7”
Slight over size7.5”
No Stretch8.0”
No Stretch/Very Mild8.5”
Mild Stretch9.0”
Reasonable Stretch9.5”
Slight over Stretch10.0”
Overly Stretched10.5”
Unreasonable Stretch11.0”

235mm Tire Size Stretch RatingOnto wheel width
It’s a car, not a truck7”
Oversized7.5”
Slight over size8.0”
No Stretch8.5”
No Stretch/Very Mild9.0”
Mild Stretch9.5”
Reasonable Stretch10.0”
Slight over Stretch10.5”
Overly Stretched11.0”

On the left is what i would consider an Astronomical Stretch, unreasonable on the right... just FYI :smile:

I have see 195's stretched onto 11.0" rims for cars that are just show cars and are not driven faster than 5 miles per hour

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are NON stretched fittings, just to give you an idea as well :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well hope this gets used! Any questions, PM me as always :D

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the tires that we got on our 15" OEM rims? (DX and LX)
Do you know how these tires would fit on, say 16" rims?
doesn't matter it's all about width :)

16x7 wears a 195mm tire :)

No stretch

You can use those tires and stretch the life outta them.. put them on a 9.0" wide 16" rim. 55 profile tire might look silly tho lol

Most people who stretch tires are in and around the 45 or below range because they want to make big rims look bigger :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i dont get why people stretch tires...a little stretching is sometimes necessary, like my snow tires for my eg. but why stretch to insane proportions? it looks weird and is dangerous, right?

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
i dont get why people stretch tires...a little stretching is sometimes necessary, like my snow tires for my eg. but why stretch to insane proportions? it looks weird and is dangerous, right?
xtra wide rims + stretch tires on honda are adapt from vw's, German's & Canadians vw enthusiasts been stretching tires since the 80's... if you been around with vw's.. you'll get used to the look

it's not dangerous, but i don't think it's safe either..

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks team 3d, but yes, it's not nessesarily umnsafe, unless you go completely over board, but a lot of people like to show the brim of the wheel and in essence show off the wheels. Also, i personally find it looks cool :)

For example, i'll be stretching some 205's on 8.0" wide rims, yes a very mild stretch, but i think it'll still look great :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
yeah a mild stretch is cool, i think it does look neat to show a LITTLE lip...but remember that celica that i think bluestar posted the vid of? the retardedly crazy camber one? those tires are INSANELY stretched. like, i-didnt-know-that-was-physically-possible kinda stretch. and how do the tires even stay on?

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah a mild stretch is cool, i think it does look neat to show a LITTLE lip...but remember that celica that i think bluestar posted the vid of? the retardedly crazy camber one? those tires are INSANELY stretched. like, i-didnt-know-that-was-physically-possible kinda stretch. and how do the tires even stay on?
they actually only stay on because of pressure, some guys will actually melt their tires to get them to stretch enough lol.. falls under the impossible level lol

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
they actually only stay on because of pressure, some guys will actually melt their tires to get them to stretch enough lol.. falls under the impossible level lol
see, to me thats CRAZY...to each his own i guess, but I appreciate balance. going to any extreme with any mod will eventually do your car in. I dont have the money to change out tires every week, but i guess some people do. Props to them! :thumb:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Opinions on an 18 x 8 with im guessing have to be a 45? or 35?R18225 tire to fit our cars stock size? And will a 5 x 114.3 lug pattern match? Would 18 x 9 with 225s look bad?

d_u_a_n_e
K24z7 crew member #420

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Opinions on an 18 x 8 with im guessing have to be a 45? or 35?R18225 tire to fit our cars stock size? And will a 5 x 114.3 lug pattern match? Would 18 x 9 with 225s look bad?

d_u_a_n_e
K24z7 crew member #420
on our wheels at 18" rims, your going to need 40 tires. 17 will wear 45's :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanx as well, but what about the lug pattern, will 114.3mm fit?

d_u_a_n_e
K24z7 crew member #420

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
345 Posts
cool, i'll take note of that. looked up some MB Battle rims (love those rims). i just wanna make sure i could get em.

·
Registered
908 Posts
so the oem tire and rim size on 8th gens is "oversized"?

215/45/17
17x7 +45

It doesn't pinch the tire at all in 215 size.

In 225 it has VERY VERY slight pinch. I could literally stick a 235 on there before it actually looks pinched.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so the oem tire and rim size on 8th gens is "oversized"?

215/45/17
17x7 +45

It doesn't pinch the tire at all in 215 size.

In 225 it has VERY VERY slight pinch. I could literally stick a 235 on there before it actually looks pinched.

no, your right, i had 235's on my 7" wide tires on my accord, but it looks like a truck tire lol

215 should be on a 7.5" wide rim to fit perfect.

17x7 should have a 205 tire if you honestly want "perfect fitment/no stretch"

1 - 20 of 73 Posts