9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is just to give you guys an idea. I've had enough requests for it... Please feel free to comment if you feel that you can :smile:

195mm Tire Size Stretch RatingOnto wheel width
No Stretch7”
Very Mild Stretch7.5”
Reasonable Stretch8.0”
Slight over Stretch8.5”
Overly Stretched9.0”
Unreasonable Stretch9.5”
Astronomical Stretch10.0”
Not Possible10.5”

205mm Tire Size Stretch RatingOnto wheel width
Slight over size7”
No Stretch7.5”
Very Mild Stretch8.0”
Reasonable Stretch8.5”
Slight over Stretch9.0”
Overly Stretched9.5”
Unreasonable Stretch10.0”
Astronomical Stretch10.5”
Not Possible11.0”

215mm Tire Size Stretch RatingOnto wheel width
Oversized7”
No Stretch7.5”
No Stretch/Very mild8.0”
Mild Stretch8.5”
Reasonable Stretch9.0”
Slight over Stretch9.5”
Overly Stretched10.0”
Unreasonable Stretch10.5”
Astronomical Stretch11.0”

225mm Tire Size Stretch RatingOnto wheel width
Oversized7”
Slight over size7.5”
No Stretch8.0”
No Stretch/Very Mild8.5”
Mild Stretch9.0”
Reasonable Stretch9.5”
Slight over Stretch10.0”
Overly Stretched10.5”
Unreasonable Stretch11.0”

235mm Tire Size Stretch RatingOnto wheel width
It’s a car, not a truck7”
Oversized7.5”
Slight over size8.0”
No Stretch8.5”
No Stretch/Very Mild9.0”
Mild Stretch9.5”
Reasonable Stretch10.0”
Slight over Stretch10.5”
Overly Stretched11.0”

On the left is what i would consider an Astronomical Stretch, unreasonable on the right... just FYI :smile:

I have see 195's stretched onto 11.0" rims for cars that are just show cars and are not driven faster than 5 miles per hour
I found the rims I was looking 4!!! Surprisingly its the only ad in the entire province of Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick, & New York state who's selling them, so i'm in a rush 2 figure this all out & give them an answer asap. I attached a pic of them below, as well as the tire fittings/ratios I found on discounttiredirect.com. They're Kia OEM Forte Koup rims that the caps come off of (thank g-d) & that have the same bolt pattern as my current OEM rims. I might plasti-dip the silver parts 2 paint them Orange/Red... :flame:

So I have 205/55/R16 rims/tire combo on EXL coupe, but I don't have the sport-tuned suspension of the Si, & was wondering how: A) I can find out what width my current OEM rims R? I figured since they're 205 & they'd B 'perfect' on a 7.5", that they were probably 7.5"... B) What would happen if I took a less wide rim, would it decrease performance? C) Since the rims I want R 17"x7". Would I have 2 add spacers or something (i.e. suspension coils) 2 get performance as well as the 'drift' look where the tires R stretched & wider & flush with the fenders? Would the rims work with the tires I have currently, & if not, what size tire should I get in order 2 fit my wheel wells for the this situation?

Also, the rims were on the road 4 a season, so they're used. I called 1 of the Kia dealers who told me that the rims new were $681/each! The person who's selling them asked for $750 online is willing 2 go down 2 $600. I went 2 C them 2day & they seem like they're in gr8 shape, but i'm not really sure if $600 is worth it 2 buy used since U can easily find new 1s online for btwn $100-$150. I told them i'd get back 2 them by latest Monday Bcuz I wanna go check if the largest scrap yard in the area has NE 4 a lower price. I love these rims, but i'd really like to get some opinions on this... NE1?

I'm so excited I found the rims I like, I hope that I can pull off what i'm thinking of...!

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
From what I C, the 3 sizes in common R: 1) 205/50/17, 225/40/17, & 235/45/17. Does the 1st # refer 2 the tire depth & the 2nd the tire width or vice versa?

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Don't take corners too fast Michel! You'll loose the tire! haha!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
sooo what do you call people planning on going 215on 8.75? LOLL
that's not bad :)

Putting a 205 on a 9" wheel in a week or so :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Also, since you guys were wondering earlier, people will often stretch tires to fit them under the fender and sometime to give their car the floating camber look seen below :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Had put 2154017 thought would work on 17by9 plus 22 decent stretch but if your slamming your car 2054017 would be perfect size i regret it going 2154017 if i wanted to slamm it need to roll fenders and pull and need to max camber in the front and cant slamm as much,but i hvae to deal cant afford to buy new tires again will post pics when all said and done....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought some rims, 17x9 +20 and I'm looking to use the tires that came with the stock wheels which are 215 45 17, how would they fit?
I also bought the tein lowering springs

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
I bought some rims, 17x9 +20 and I'm looking to use the tires that came with the stock wheels which are 215 45 17, how would they fit?
I also bought the tein lowering springs
they will fit and stretch more than mine. mine are 17x8 +35 on stock tires. driving it in the beginning feels a bit unsafe cornering so i take it yours will feel even worse. but you get used to it. so long story short it will fit but you might get rubbing depending on how low the car sits. plus with x9 you pretty much for sure have to get fenders rolled when slamming.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
How sketchy is it to run the stock 215/45/17 tire on a 9.5? Would I have to worry about blowing the wheel off the rim in corners?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey guys. I have a question on some tires fitment. I got some varrstoen es2 17x9 +30 and im thinking of slamming my car. My friend told me i should get 205 45 but Im not sure I was thinking 215 40 so I need some help Thanks.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts