9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hey guys. I have a question on some tires fitment. I got some varrstoen es2 17x9 +30 and im thinking of slamming my car. My friend told me i should get 205 45 but Im not sure I was thinking 215 40 so I need some help Thanks.
Have the same rims as you but I'm running +22 offset. I have 240/45 and those are mildly stretched. Had to do some fender rolling and negative camber to not rub. This is just to give you some idea. You would be safe with anything less than 240 since you're running +30.. It should not go past your fender

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have the same rims as you but I'm running +22 offset. I have 240/45 and those are mildly stretched. Had to do some fender rolling and negative camber to not rub. This is just to give you some idea. You would be safe with anything less than 240 since you're running +30.. It should not go past your fender

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So which Tires size do you recommend?

·
Registered
193 Posts
i was originally gonna go 215/40 because i wanted like a beefy look but i was kinda iffy on my clearance already as is. ( no camber kits )

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im planning on getting rpf1's 9inch wide. What's the best size tire for performance / grip? A mild or little bit of stretch it's fine with me I want performance not looks. Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
225 / 45

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tire Shops that stretch tires in the I.E?

Does anyone know of a tire shop that stretches tires near the inland empire ?
Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'll try to get a pic later but I've got a set of Falken 225/40/18 tires that are narrower than the 2015 Civic Si rim. The chart shows that 225 on a 7.5 rim is supposed to be oversized. Looks to me like I've got an incredibly mild stretch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So on my Si sedan, Sorry this may bother some but I am what you would consider a noob to my car knowledge but I learn fast and continuously trying to learn more. First off this thread is just wheel and tire choice, do not bother mentioning other things unless it is relevant or and importance. So I am looking at some TSW Silverstone wheels 17x8 with a 40mm offset and has the correct bolt pattern. I want to get your opinions with what I should do for a mild stretch, I'm thinking 195/45. Any suggestions as I don't know much but doing what I can and to keep you informed my car is near complete stock asides from a cold air intake and exhaust but would I have to do anything suspension wise? Help me out please I am saving and ready to learn to start a project I've been dreaming to do. Oh and finally the tires your gonna have to help me pick like brand and vendor because I have no idea.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Please correct me if i am wrong or let me know i am right in my thinking.

If i read this thread correctly i can put 225 45 17 on my stock Rims?

I have a 2013 Civic Si with stock tires right now.

Thank you for the advice in advance:icon_wave:

41 - 60 of 73 Posts