Registered
93 Posts
you could skimp out on the weight by making a fiberblass box

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've already got a box housing 2 8s, albeit ~80lbs, from a previous car. Didn't really care so much about previous car and used 1/2" plywood bolted to floor of trunk then screwed box to it. No one could rip it out when I needed to remove it from the wreckage, so I had to buy tools to unbolt it(talk about security)... But I'm not wanting to go that route with this new car. And I want a ported box anyways

·
Registered
93 Posts
yeah thats kinda heavy to hang

·
Registered
71 Posts
are you worried about it breaking the plastic trunk floor?

my box is about 60ish pounds. have had no issues with just putting it on the floor in the trunk.

to hold the box in place use velco. you can buy velco at any hardware store. just put the plastic half of the velco (sticky side down, plastic grip side up) on the trunk floor and drop the box on top. I used 2 8 inch strips. Assuming your box has carpet it will grip the velco very nicely. In fact if i pick up the box the floor lifts up with it.

note i have an LX sedan.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I thought about velcro'ing my amp to the floor so it doesn't move around. I would rather mount it to the back of the left seat when looking at the back of the seats from the trunk. Did anyone do this yet?

·
rotartsinimdA
4,050 Posts
I thought about velcro'ing my amp to the floor so it doesn't move around. I would rather mount it to the back of the left seat when looking at the back of the seats from the trunk. Did anyone do this yet?
My buddy did in his 8th and it works pretty well, he screws it into it, I'd probably Velcro it for that though

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9 Posts
On the wifes 2009 Subaru Impreza I mounted the amp to the back of the left seat. The box is a Kicker 10" loaded box. It doesn't move at all and it stays in place. In the 2012 SI Im going to try to get time and do a custom fiberglass/ mdf box for 2 12's. Just depends how much time I allow myself and how much I want to do.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I mounted my amp to the rear seat in my old 2010 8th gen. The back seat had support strips that ran vertical on the seat. I was lucky to have an amp that lined up with 2 vertical strips. Otherwise screw a wood board to the strips than the amp to the board... cover the board in carpet first.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I mounted my amp to the rear seat in my old 2010 8th gen. The back seat had support strips that ran vertical on the seat. I was lucky to have an amp that lined up with 2 vertical strips. Otherwise screw a wood board to the strips than the amp to the board... cover the board in carpet first.
Sweet, easy enough. Thanks!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I dont have my box mounted at all & it hasnt moved an inch...but it takes up almost the whole trunk...3 inches or less on sides 12 inches from rear, flat up against back seat.

473272_609798323359_1188526000_o.jpg

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I mounted two black strips of 1 by material to the back of my seat. I then mounted my amp to the boards. Worked like a charm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts