9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed my subs to my stock unit was really easy, (thats why i love honda), but will post pics up soon on how to do:)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Questions for you...
1. Did you replace the 8" with aftermarket sub using the original OEM HU? or
2. Did you hook up and amp, tap into speaker line with LOC and mount an aftermarket 8" sub into the back deck or
3. Did you use an enclosed sub and place it in the trunk?
4. Was your setup worth the time, effort and money?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. No I did not replace the aftermarket speakers
2. Yes i connected the amp to the LOC to the amp.
3. Yes the setup was not a waste of time and didnt really spend that much!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Subscribed, i wanna see how you did it before i take my car to an installer, for something i can probably do myself

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its real easy man...i will try to put some pics up as soon as im done with final adjustments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Questions for you...
1. Did you replace the 8" with aftermarket sub using the original OEM HU? or
2. Did you hook up and amp, tap into speaker line with LOC and mount an aftermarket 8" sub into the back deck or
3. Did you use an enclosed sub and place it in the trunk?
4. Was your setup worth the time, effort and money?

I left my stock sub in and add a 2 12 inch kickers and because of the kicker amp i had i did not need a LOC thing i could cute the out out oif the stock sub and put RCA ends on it and right into the Audio In on my amp and the remote wire i just had to run to the fuse panel under the drivers seat, and shoved the wire int he fuse with the radio ignition on it and turn the amp on fine was good to goo

i have pics but they are too bug to up load ( but the file is too big )

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah soon

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did mine the same way with 2 10" subs plus the factory sub. my SI has the navi head unit so i didn't want to replace it

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I have pics but they are too bug to up load ( but the file is too big )
If you can load them on your computer send them as attachments in a e-mail you can then save them and edit the pic in pic in paint. Click resize and chose pixels. Then put 700 in the top box and it will calculate the bottom box automatically then save and it should upload them with no problem. Hopefully this helps. Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts