9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since im new to this thing called modding, I'm taking it one step at a time. Small changes here and there. No need to get everything done at once. First I replaced the air filter with a K&N one. Can't say I've noticed a change, I just trust the K&N brand. Second I installed blue LED lights inside the car and trunk. I think it compliments the blue dash lighting perfectly. To keep going with the blue theme (not going much further than this) I removed the badges and emblems and painted them a nice glossy deep blue. Actually came out better than I thought. Can't wait to install them when the weather stays nice and warm. I attached a few pics. I will post more when I install the emblems. This is actually quite fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was half-expecting the smurfs showing up in the pictures...take a picture with people inside and you'll have the poster for the next instalment of Twilight series...

All kidding aside...it's nice lighting! I had a "black light" led bulb in my old smart...occupants looked like they belonged on the dollar note...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So just got installing the emblems back on. Looks real nice IMO. I moved the Civic one to the front off centered from the H logo. Gotta be different ya know. 2012-04-14 15.14.18.jpg 2012-04-14 15.21.22.jpg 2012-04-14 15.26.23.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know about blue wheels. That might be a little too much. lol. I'm thinking black rims. I keep searching and looking around. Just gonna take time to settle on something I really like.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it's a 3m spray paint that I put about 3 coats of paint on. It's an outdoor 2X coverage paint. It's the kind you spray your patio furniture with.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
I was half-expecting the smurfs showing up in the pictures...take a picture with people inside and you'll have the poster for the next instalment of Twilight series...

All kidding aside...it's nice lighting! I had a "black light" led bulb in my old smart...occupants looked like they belonged on the dollar note...

smurfs are scary:xyxnervous:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I was cruising Ebay and came across this. Everywhere else I see them going for $150+ shipping. I don't think $125 is a bad price plus it would be painted. Any thoughts?

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
i think some blue wheels and i nice drop would be sex!!!

te91.jpg you need the ones on the right!! that and a drop... thatd be hot! :drooling:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welp, just ordered the spoiler from the earlier post and the sunroof vent visor (34.25" one) from Carid.com. $259 for everything shipped. Spoiler is painted to using the correct paint code from Honda. Now I wait. Once everything comes in and I get it installed, I will post pics. From the other guy who put that spoiler on, it looks pretty solid.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Played around a little today when I woke up with the Carbon Fiber wrap I got in the mail the other day. Just did two small pieces to get the feel of using it. Didn't come out that bad. A few spots here and there need some attention but for the first try, not too bad. Found the stuff off Amazon. Pretty cheap and they send you more than you order. CF.jpg

·
Registered
716 Posts
Played around a little today when I woke up with the Carbon Fiber wrap I got in the mail the other day. Just did two small pieces to get the feel of using it. Didn't come out that bad. A few spots here and there need some attention but for the first try, not too bad. Found the stuff off Amazon. Pretty cheap and they send you more than you order. View attachment 5029
I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago. Looks like you had difficulties in the same area I did. Watch the top in the heat. I left mine out in the sun one day and he too bubbled and peeled back even tho I stretched it and wrapped it around. Now I'm waiting till I get more to try it again. Did you wrap anything else? I did he steering wheel and shift handle and I'm trying to think what else I should do.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts