9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about getting a subwoofer for my 2012 si. I still have just the stock stereo w/o nav. Is it possible to hook up a sub with the stock radio? Is it possible to do it with the Honda nav system? Thanks guys

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes it is very possible! If you do a search you will find posts regarding this, I believe with a great DIY. You will need a line out converter which is about 25-50 dollars depending on make and how many channels it has. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
You know the Si comes with a subwoofer right? Or are you just looking to upgrade

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know it does, but I'm looking to upgrade

·
Registered
365 Posts
There is another thread on the subject. I wouldn't mind upgrading either, I just don't know anything about audio

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
280 Posts
all you do is buy a line out converter. What it does, is it converts your speaker wire (the wire that runs to the speakers for sound) into RCA wire, which you'll be plugging into your amp. Wiring the amp isn't too hard, but if you're not familiar, I recommend getting it done somewhere( the bestbuy in my town does it for 99$.) All in all, very possible as I've done it myself. Good luck and hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
So I'm thinking about getting a subwoofer for my 2012 si. I still have just the stock stereo w/o nav. Is it possible to hook up a sub with the stock radio? Is it possible to do it with the Honda nav system? Thanks guys
Yes, its very possible and very easy. I have a detailed post with pictures on how and where to run the power wire. Tap your remote wire into one of the non-important fuses located underneath your left knee. The LOC can be tapped into your rear sub. No wires need to be cut, there is a connector for this. Good luck. Get back to me if you need some more info. Look up posts by RR'12SiCp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts