9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sunroof headliner rattle):

i just bought a 2012 ex and my sunroof/ headliner rattles when driving, its very annoying. ive tried to find the problem but i can beat on the headliner and hear it rattle but thats as far as i can track the issue. anyone else have this issue and has it been resolved.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Take it back and let the dealer check it could be some loose screws, I don't hear any noise on mine so you do have a problem with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i took it once, they didnt find anything but they do hear the noise, now they want to try again ad take the whole headliner down and potentially have to order parts from who knows where. ive tried everything being a mechanic myself but dang its hard to find this one. so many things make the noise stop when u push on the pieces. i guess il drop it back off friday, my luck with cars sucks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh i do that but 22000 dollars for a car thats going to rattle like a marble in a can. thats why i got rid of my corolla

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow thats crazy, well i got it fixed. sunroof tracks hitting the roof is the cause, they tightend and insulated the tracks and roof, hopefully it will stay quiet

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Good find, that's an annoying problem, glad you got it taken care of. Hopefully it stays quiet!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, not so much a rattle as a creak in cold weather. It's worse when going over bumps and is pretty much constant when the car is at speeds >70kph. It's not very loud, and I can barely hear it when the sunshade is closed. It almost sounds like the glass is creaking as the car body flexes. I'll mention it to the dealer when I take it in for my first oil change, but I'm just curious if anyone else is having this problem.

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
Kinda wonder if the top of the tracks were hitting the bottom of the roof, or if the bottom of the tracks were hitting the headliner. I guess since it has been almost 2 years since anyone has commented on the thread OP's must have been the only Civic to have been affected.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
I deff need to give this a shot. That creak is driving me nuts every morning when its cold. This is the only time I can replicate the sound, since it gets warmer outside in the afternoons.

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
Merged. Sounds like best way to fix it is take it back to the dealership and make them fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Immajackup, ever done a roof rattling bulletin on the 09 to 11 tl? gotta remove the center console, parkingnbrake, front seats etc to get thenheadliner to fit out.remove the sunroof assembly and squeeze some sealer in a seam in the roof, reinstall it all... pays 2.8 hours. Took my nearly six... I wanted to punch some babies that day lol. Idk who makes warranty times but they need a swift kick somewhere personal at times.... that shin etsu grease is goooood shit btw. I put it on all my seals and weather strippingnmonthly

1 - 20 of 23 Posts