9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so im not sure if anyone else has had this problem. My sunroof automatically opens when i click the button all the way back. Then if i click the button all the way forward it automatically shuts. Now i know the button has 1 more click is you apply a little for pressure. This function is so that after the sunroof is closed the back portion will tilt upwards.

If i click it, hold it, click it a few times.....nothing happens. But then one time when i clicked it multiple times and spazzed on it, it finally opened and tilted. Im not sure if i need to be in gear, out of gear, handbrake down or up. If theres a little trick you guys know about please let me know. Not sure if there is a re-call on this but i cant find out what causes it to sometimes open and sometimes not work....

thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Tapping (+ release) the button towards the wind shield should close the sunroof.
Tapping (+ release) the button towards the rear of the car should open the sunroof entirely.
Tapping (+ release) the button towards the ceiling should open the sunroof to a tilt.

I've never had to HOLD the sunroof button in any direction.
Its basically 3 settings only... that I know of.

I don't think there is a PRESSURE tap of any sorts either.. its just one click forward (close), one click back (open), one click up (tilt)... but I haven't tried any sort of quick slight pressure + release..

I've never had any problems doing anything to the sunroof while driving, being parked, etc.. I doubt the sunroof behaves any differently regardless of what the cars motion is.

I think after reading your problem with tilt... that your not just pressing the button up toward the ceiling... you may have gotten just lucky while spazzing out on the button as you so put it.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Try what Naos said, it should work flawlessly. No difference if in gear or out of gear or moving etc.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has 3 position,. | Extra click | Click to auto close | Normal position | Click to auto open |

the extra click should tilt the sunroof, once you've actually closed it. Ive owned and operated many hondas (and work at honda) so it should be the same..... but anyways, Im going to try and press the button directly up this time and see if it works.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Naos, you were right. The button is clicked directly up tilt the sunroof. So i guess the second forward click serves no purpose.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My previous car was a '94 Civic LX, without a sunroof, so I've never known how the previous Civic were configured with their sunroof buttons (or any other vehicle for that matter).

After work I'll have to see what you meant by the 'second forward click'.. as I haven't noticed it.

I'm glad though that you don't have to 'spazz out' on the button anymore :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
My 2012 Civic EX sunroof works just like my drivers window in automatic open or close with the HARD push or pull of the button on the sliding or horizontal plane. The sunroof will also open or close to INFINITE positions either in the open or closing mode if I just touch the button LIGHTLY and move the switch in the direction I want. The drivers window works the same way.

I can also push the sunroof button VERTICALLY and the sunroof tilts up. Push the button HARD Horizontally and the sunroof closes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
the switch has two steps for opening and closing, just like how auto window switches have two steps. if you press it halfway to open or close, it'll stop when you let go the switch. pressing the switch all the way in either direction will automatically open or close the moonroof all the way.

·
Registered
219 Posts
:pat: 8 post to figure out how to open the sunroof? :pat: sry. couldn't resist.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts