9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just realized today, that our sunroofs simply slide back inside the car. This is cool - a lot less wind turbulence and its way calmer than what it used to be with flip up and slide back outside the roof sunroofs like in the RSX. Takes more room inside, but I'm liking it.

And I can't see any reason why anyone would bother with the visor now, since it adds drag, makes the car look ugly, IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Yeah I noticed that about the roof when I test drove it, and I loved it! I also removed that visor first thing haha maybe I can sell it lol

·
Registered
396 Posts
So I just realized today, that our sunroofs simply slide back inside the car. This is cool - a lot less wind turbulence and its way calmer than what it used to be with flip up and slide back outside the roof sunroofs like in the RSX. Takes more room inside, but I'm liking it.

And I can't see any reason why anyone would bother with the visor now, since it adds drag, makes the car look ugly, IMO.
I'm still getting the visor because of the stupid thing that flips up and sticks in the wind and makes all kinds of noise, not even sure of its purpose except to sell visors!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think Honda moonroofs have always operated this way, haven't they? This is how my 8th Gen works, and how the CR-V and Accord do it.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I'll sell you my visor

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Honda moonroofs have always operated this way, haven't they? This is how my 8th Gen works, and how the CR-V and Accord do it.
Not in the DC5/RSX... they popped up and rolled back. Might have been the roofline and lack of space for it to operate in any other manner.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My old 98 civic moon roof goes into the at too. I think The one that goes out the car is called sun roof but the one that goes into the car is calle moon roof cus back in the days TW ones that goes outside THe car were not windows so u can't seethe moon at night cus it was painted and our moon roof we see through it so we see the moon at night. I bought the moon visit cus I like the looks and it's useful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wait so which one comes standard with the 2012 Si? Didn't even pay attention to that when i ordered mine.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
pm me for my visor, driven 500 miles before removed

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
my dealership apparently had some but I didn't want them

·
Registered
67 Posts
Call me old fashioned but I like the older sun/moon roofs better. My daughter's 1995 Civic EX Coupe tilts then slides back. It's glass and I can see the moon :) Too bad she probably won't let me drive it anymore after she gets her license....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts