9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m having some issues and need some help. I bought some Skunk 2 rear LCA’s and I was having them installed today and the tech told me the factory bolt wouldn’t fit through the spacers that were provided from Skunk2. Has anyone ran into this issue before if so, Do I need to get another bolt?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hey guys, I’m having some issues and need some help. I bought some Skunk 2 rear LCA’s and I was having them installed today and the tech told me the factory bolt wouldn’t fit through the spacers that were provided from Skunk2. Has anyone ran into this issue before if so, Do I need to get another bolt?
Please tell us what vehicle you have.

I am not familiar with needing to use spacers on an lca. Probably a better idea to find the proper sized spacer/washer. You don't want to have a bolt with a smaller diameter than the shock and lca.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It came with the control arms from Skunk to fill the gap in between. I was puzzled myself looking at it. I’ve got a 2015 si sedan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I have 2015 SI and I installed the Skunk 2 LCA’s. It was hard to install the bolts but with a lot of work it went through. I had them on for over 1 year with no problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey I have 2015 SI and I installed the Skunk 2 LCA’s. It was hard to install the bolts but with a lot of work it went through. I had them on for over 1 year with no problems.
Did u have to do and drilling or modifications for it to fit? My tech is telling me it won’t fit through.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did u have to do and drilling or modifications for it to fit? My tech is telling me it won’t fit through.
The LCA I used were Pro Camber Kit rear 12-15 part # 516-05-0660. Am telling you this so you know what I had to do to this part. The bolt did not fit easily. I had to put a vice grip on the spacer to keep them from rotating and used the socket to screw it in with some force. It will be hard to take off because I tried and gave up. Lol. The eye lid and the spacers on the LCA Should be made slightly bigger to get a easy fit. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The LCA I used were Pro Camber Kit rear 12-15 part # 516-05-0660. Am telling you this so you know what I had to do to this part. The bolt did not fit easily. I had to put a vice grip on the spacer to keep them from rotating and used the socket to screw it in with some force. It will be hard to take off because I tried and gave up. Lol. The eye lid and the spacers on the LCA Should be made slightly bigger to get a easy fit. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it hopefully it all goes well bcuz I need to align it ASAP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts