9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

My name is My and I finally gave up my 99' accord for my new 2012 civic. I am new to the site and new to car infos in general. So tired of getting rip off at car mechanic place because I don't know anything about car I made a promise to get my hand dirty with this new civic. I'm excited about joinning the site and my new civic. I would def appreciates any helps.

1st question:
Does anyone know where the coin tray in the new 2012? I hope it isn't the big tray infront of the gear shift because that does not seems very safe to leave coins out in the open. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Welcome to the site My!

I've circled the location of the coin tray in the image below..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't know the exact specifications for it, but it seems to be exactly the same as the one in the 8th gen. From personal experience it is adequate and holds a decent amount of coins. Personally I don't really use it though because I don't go through many tolls in my daily commute. I think though, if I were to use it often, the lack of organization in the cubby would get to be a bit annoying since all of the coins are jumbled in that little area. I'd say go for a clean and simple EZPass (or whatever automatic toll payment service is available in your area :D), but if not, the coin tray in the car already is indeed adequate for daily needs.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Welcome to the site and I am sure there will be lots of great info on here :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
welcome to the 9th. what did you get?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Haha I had no idea that is what that little cubby by the steering wheel was for! I had been using it to house my phone while driving about.
Learning something new from this site everyday! :p

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Welcome to the 9th My! Don't worry, once more people join in and the "gearheads" start doing work on these cars, you will see TONS of help and repair threads. Know your in good hands, the members so far have all been very helpful with others questions, no flaming (yet) like in other threads!

Congrats on the new car, hope it serves you well and lasts as long (or longer) than your accord!

Oh, also...you could get a coin holder/sorter and put in in the armrest, or maybe even fit it in that cubby next to the steering wheel. Honda makes one, but im sure you can find them at the big box stores in the automotive section.

Haha I had no idea that is what that little cubby by the steering wheel was for! I had been using it to house my phone while driving about.
Learning something new from this site everyday! :p
It was my idea too...but did not fit my iPhone very well. I just leave it in the center cubby while driving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts