9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer I wanted to tackle heat soak with brute force. I looked into the Dodge Demon and ford lighting's interchiller cooling systems and learned about the aftermarket applications...wandering if my 9th gen could benefit. 1st I had to install a W2A intercooler. Sure; a water to air intercooler has been done on a turbo civic....but the kraftwerks S.C. configuration and the space limitations pushed me to relocate the battery to the trunk. So, I managed to retain my A2A intercooler in addition to the new W2A from frozenboost.com.
Now....I'm running antifreeze through it at 25° which is cooled via the car's A/C. Lot's of explanation on this, but essentially, my boosted IAT's are down by 50° so far (4° below outside ambient)
I haven't seen anyone else working this modification so far, which really made it difficult with trial, error, and amazon returns.
The way I see it, Winter is here to stay in Houston for this daily driver coupe.
Colder air = more oxygen, regained HP, advanced timing, less knock, less heat soak, prolonged engine life. I
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Speedometer Light Motor vehicle

Measuring instrument Clock Gauge Auto part Circle

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I did read up on this, and I understand there are some pros and cons to the system. Primarily fluctuating performance. It is really good to see someone actually put it to practice on our cars. Looking forward to feedback.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts