9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am new to 9th Gen Civic and would just like to reach out to anyone who might be able to tell me what could be causing the suspension noise my car is having. So I have a 2012 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan. I live in New England and it is currently pretty cold out, however this year we haven't gotten that much snow. Anyway, I usually let my car warm up in the morning before I drive it. But I have noticed when I hit any sharp dips in the road, my struts sound like their creaking or grinding. It usually goes away as the day goes on and I drive my car more. It only has 43,600 miles on it. Could it just be that the cold is making the rubber bushings shrink causing the noise?

Thanks,
Hope to hear back from one of you soon.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,538 Posts
I think you kind of answered your own question here. From my own experience with previous vehicles as the weather becomes colder it's not unusual to hear creaking or crunching sounds on suspension components. Also as the car gets older the sounds seem to become more prevalent. If the sound persists and doesn't go away it could mean you may need new struts/bushings or something suspension related.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts