9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive had my 2013 civic for a bit over 2 months now, recently just had a remote starter put in and now i want to start swapping out the stock bulbs for some better and brighter ones. what are some good ones that arent going to cost me an arm and a leg and cause me to have to rip everything apart to even install them? HID or maybe LED? and where would be the best place to get them? i know theres lots of places out there on the net and what not that i can order from but i want some place thats reliable and find out from some one whos had experience before i just go out and do it. i mean ive changed the head light bulbs on my 2006 civic that i had and that was a bitch. they certainly dont make it easy thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I swear there are other threads covering this topic, but I'm too lazy to find them and link them in my post, so, I'll just answer your questions. Depending on which bulbs you want to swap out, you may get a bunch of different answers. For HID headlights, I go to www.xenonking.com and get the 6000k McCulloch kits ($225-$250). I have been using one in my motorcycle since 2004 and another pair in my other car since March, 2012 without any problems. You can replace the high beams using LED lights, though they will not be very bright and will cause problems for your daytime running lights. Same for your fog lights if you have them. For interior lights I go to www.ddmtuning.com or www.superbrightleds.com or www.ijdmtoy.com (though I won't shop from them again). Also, body style depends on the size of bulbs that fit your car. For bulb sizes see the former AlienPrime's thread here: http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/lighting/10989-every-light-bulb-sizing-9thgencivic.html and good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts