9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people on here have gotten sway bars for their cars, but a buddy of mine that works on his own cars said that I should get strut bars instead. What should I do?

K24Z7 Crew Member #323

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
As far as i know, strut bars arent available for our cars yet because the strut towers sit so far underneath where the windshield wipers are. I dont even think its possible to make a strut bar for the 9th gen, so so far sway bar is your only choice

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
As far as i know, strut bars arent available for our cars yet because the strut towers sit so far underneath where the windshield wipers are. I dont even think its possible to make a strut bar for the 9th gen, so so far sway bar is your only choice
Nailed it. It may be able to be done but it's going to be tough.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yo speed might make one if they get enough buyers. So far we only have sway bars by eibach and people say the 8th gen progress sway bars fit quite nicely.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I think its kinda stupid, because all the body roll people describe (which i think theyre being oversensitive about) could be improved by a ton with a strut tower bar. Sway bars help, but directly connecting the strut towers together improves the rigidity so much more. I wish honda didnt design this civic this way :(

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I don't see one fitting, just a design issue I guess, sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
158 Posts
ummm... a swaybay improves the handling of the car WAAAAY more than a strut bar. The struts on the Civic are at the base of the a-pillar and the structure is actually incredibly stiff.

Guys running up front nationally in autocross running 20 year old Honda Civics run without any tie bars at all because they add weight.... yes they do help structurally and make the car stiffer, but most of the top top guys elect not to run them to save that weight....that's how little they really matter. On the other hand, those same guys spend many hundreds of dollars having fancy adjustable swaybar.

Hope that helps. :)
Chris

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ummm... a swaybay improves the handling of the car WAAAAY more than a strut bar. The struts on the Civic are at the base of the a-pillar and the structure is actually incredibly stiff.

Guys running up front nationally in autocross running 20 year old Honda Civics run without any tie bars at all because they add weight.... yes they do help structurally and make the car stiffer, but most of the top top guys elect not to run them to save that weight....that's how little they really matter. On the other hand, those same guys spend many hundreds of dollars having fancy adjustable swaybar.

Hope that helps. :)
Chris
After I read this I did some more reading about sway vs strut bars and I think I'll be going sway, thanks. What brand should I go?

K24Z7 Crew Member #323

·
Registered
158 Posts
The best swaybar option for the 9th Civic is the progress 62.1009 bar that is 22mm diameter. Keep the stock front bar. The car's handling will improve lots with that. :)

Chris

·
Registered
167 Posts
The strut bar only increases the stiffness of the chassis you wont fell much of a difference in handling compared to a sway bar

1 - 15 of 15 Posts