9th Gen Civic Forum banner

861 - 880 of 920 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Got the sway bar from chris from redshiftmotorsports like 2-3 years ago and the bushings off amazon iirc. Does it matter which energy suspension bushing to get? I looked online and there's two number variations being one is greaseable and the other is nongreaseable.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Got the sway bar from chris from redshiftmotorsports like 2-3 years ago and the bushings off amazon iirc. Does it matter which energy suspension bushing to get? I looked online and there's two number variations being one is greaseable and the other is nongreaseable.

ok, i though if you got it from me, if you did, i will send you brand new replacement for warranty and i can deal with progress for warranty directly instead of yourself.

i have the bushings instock, they are just $20 shipped

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would buy it but I'd actually want it asap. Was hoping if you knew the part number for it since it seems like the local autozone / oreilly's should carry it.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
it's a complete kit for the 24mm rear sway bar, i don't think you can buy it separably. if you pm me yesterday, you probably can receive it by tomorrow

what you do check with energy suspension and see if you can find the part # and then you can buy it from local autozone/o'reilly

·
Registered
352 Posts
All I really need is the U bracket that holds the sway bar in place. The polyurethane material, I necessarily don't need because I already have the moog bushings on there.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
All I really need is the U bracket that holds the sway bar in place. The polyurethane material, I necessarily don't need because I already have the moog bushings on there.
i think the easist way is to bring the broken one and see if autozone can match a universal bracket for you to replace

·
Registered
352 Posts
Realized that my u-bracket was actually from moog themselves. stupid me. I can't find my progress sway bar bushings at all nor the bracket haha. Gonna call moog themselves for warranty

·
Registered
53 Posts
Realized that my u-bracket was actually from moog themselves. stupid me. I can't find my progress sway bar bushings at all nor the bracket haha. Gonna call moog themselves for warranty
everything sorted yet? I've dealt with moog and they have very good customer service.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Update...my progress 24mm RSB is fine, like completely fine. No added greasing needed, I simply used all of the grease that progress gave to me. I have the RSB on the softest setting, and after about 6k miles, the bar is softer, so I expect after some time, I will be changing it to the middle setting and so forth. It is a highly recommended upgrade. Best way I would put it...it feels like your car has a backbone, when you take turns, the car stays with you more and it feels stiff and secure. The ride harshness goes up, however, that really only becomes a downfall when hitting potholes etc...flat roads are a dream to drive on now. The endlinks for progress arent the greatest, but so far they lasted. I tightened the jam nut (17mm wrench), and noise was gone. The moog ones will likely be better. Next weekend ill be doing the 24mm FSB with new moog endlinks. (Im posting this from my phone, I apologize if it comes out sloppy)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 2013 Si Sedan... has anyone had clearance issues with the 24mm progress RSB? I have had it for a while but started hearing a clunking a few weeks ago. I thought it would have been the end links (I still have the progress end links) but they were not loose at all. I took them off and inspected them and they seem just fine. After a closer look, I see that I have almost no clearance at the middle of the sway bar and I can see that part of the finish on the sway bar has rubbed off. I think it is getting caught and that is what the popping sound is coming from. Any suggestions? These photos are of the suspension at ride height.
20170218_142115.jpg
20170218_142137.jpg

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I have a 2013 Si Sedan... has anyone had clearance issues with the 24mm progress RSB? I have had it for a while but started hearing a clunking a few weeks ago. I thought it would have been the end links (I still have the progress end links) but they were not loose at all. I took them off and inspected them and they seem just fine. After a closer look, I see that I have almost no clearance at the middle of the sway bar and I can see that part of the finish on the sway bar has rubbed off. I think it is getting caught and that is what the popping sound is coming from. Any suggestions? These photos are of the suspension at ride height.
View attachment 440961
View attachment 440969

who did you buy the sway bar from ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
who did you buy the sway bar from ?
I purchased from Chris at Redshiftmotorsports but I believe it shipped directly from progress...
I emailed the description and the pictures to Chris and progress technical support a couple of days ago but I have not heard back from either yet...

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I purchased from Chris at Redshiftmotorsports but I believe it shipped directly from progress...
I emailed the description and the pictures to Chris and progress technical support a couple of days ago but I have not heard back from either yet...

you got the wrong sway bar. the one you got is 8th gen civic, can fit 9th gen civic, but it will rub.

it's too bad you didn't order it from me, progress is at Fullerton and i could've just get you a brand new one free of charge. and it's only 20 minutes drive from irvine.

861 - 880 of 920 Posts