9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post.... I got my 9th OFP FB6 (big Vols fan) about 6 months ago. So far I've installed a RV6 catted and I have a flashpro(waiting to tune with E-Tunez). While waiting to tune I figured I'd go ahead and get wheels and lower it. I went with swift spec r springs because I don't want it slammed and I installed them this past Sunday with stock struts. I put them on with the letters facing up where you can read them, which I assumed is the correct way. After settling and driving just to work for 2 days, I hear a pop every time I hit a bump. I looked at the springs today when I got home. Are the coils suppose to lay on top of each other like that on the bottom or did I install them wrong? Pics.. my car and the front spring... all 4 springs are sitting like this too, 3-4 coils on top of each other. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think you have the springs installed upside down. I have the swift spec-r springs on my civic as well, and my dead coils are at the top of the spring, not the bottom. Dead coils are fairly common with lowering springs, and they refer to individual coils of the spring that are right on top of each other, with no space in between them.
Picture of one of my front spring and strut assemblies below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you have the springs installed upside down. I have the swift spec-r springs on my civic as well, and my dead coils are at the top of the spring, not the bottom. Dead coils are fairly common with lowering springs, and they refer to individual coils of the spring that are right on top of each other, with no space in between them.
Picture of one of my front spring and strut assemblies below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was afraid of that, guess I have something to do this weekend... again lol... I just went with the words right side up. I tried to find pics of an install but couldn't find any. I'm glad someone that had these chimed in, Thanks!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
You might reach out to swift before pulling it back apart. Every lowering spring I've seen installs with the logo readable. That said, the dead coils are usually at the top. Found a pic of the 8th gen springs below.

It is common for lowering springs to make some noise upon first install. Did you grease everything up?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, greased everything. I don’t mind flipping them and trying it to see if the popping goes away. I had springs on an Altima and the dead springs were on the top and the words were readable. That’s why I thought it was weird that it was the opposite with these. Besides that, the drop is exactly what I wanted and the ride is smooth. The roll on curves is minimal. Ill give it a few days after I flip them in the morning and hopefully it helps. I’ll try to update, in case anyone gets these in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently I have them in right... the sleeve won’t fit in the end with the dead coils. As you can see, that end is smaller and it’s with words readable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts