9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening folks,

I am new to this board, and used it for research on what springs I wanted to buy.
I recently had swift spec r springs installed on my 15 si sedan. The ride is far superior than stock in my opinion, all body roll all but gone, no clunking noises (as I've experienced with Eibach's), it's really the way the car should have come from the factory.

My problem I am facing is the passenger rear is almost tucked into the fender, unlike all other corners where it's a 2 finger gap (that's what she said?). I have camber arms still needing to be installed as I am 2.09 on drivers rear and 2.19 on passenger rear and don't think that would be cause for the corner being lower.

I've searched extensively to see if anyone else has had this issue, the only one that came close was on the 8th gen site where Koni yellows seem to be the culprit.

I am going to have the speed shop installing my camber arms have a once over on the rears and see it seated properly, as the shop who did the install mentioned that they had an issue with that corner.

Would any of you be able to provide any further insight into what I should be looking for or asking. I do have confidence in the shop installing the camber arms as they install swift springs regularly on Honda's and Subaru's.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Not a lot that can go wrong with a spring install. We're the springs the same left and right from swift, maybe look for a part number stamped on them? Spring got installed upside down or something?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
I do recall Chris from Redshift had to stop selling the Spec-R's due to a batch flaw where the springs would go lower than advertised (or something like that). Perhaps you got 1 bad apple out of the 4 in the set?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do recall Chris from Redshift had to stop selling the Spec-R's due to a batch flaw where the springs would go lower than advertised (or something like that). Perhaps you got 1 bad apple out of the 4 in the set?
How long ago was this?
I can’t see the strut being blown either, no evidence.

·
Registered
106 Posts
How long ago was this?
I can’t see the strut being blown either, no evidence.
It was probably within the last 6 months? Fairly recent, but he's selling the springs again. You could email him about it if you want to know more.

I have a set on my car I got like maybe 2 years ago? I don't see any corners lower than they should be, so I guess I lucked out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was probably within the last 6 months? Fairly recent, but he's selling the springs again. You could email him about it if you want to know more.

I have a set on my car I got like maybe 2 years ago? I don't see any corners lower than they should be, so I guess I lucked out.
this might make sense. So when I first noticed it, the spring was on the drivers side, the shop swapped it over to the passenger side and that became the corner that sagged.

I spoke to Swift, they are sending me a set out to swap. We’ll see what happens. A little disappointed that it will mean more money being spent on a mod that is relatively straight forward.

I had my car in at the dealership for scheduled service yesterday, they looked at the rear, struts are fine, springs are sitting fine, mechanic definitely thinks it’s a bad spring.

I’m hoping the springs arrive before my camber arms are installed so I can get it done all at once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts