9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I just placed an order for a set of Swift Spec R Springs. From research, the 4 springs are all spun the same way (clockwise from the top, down) and include the wrong dust cover(51403-TS8-A01). The included dust cover fits the front right wheel(fits front right spring that is spun counter clockwise). In my 2015 Si, the factory springs are spun as:

Front Left: clockwise from top, down
Front Right: counterclockwise from top, down
Rear Left: counterclockwise from top, down
Rear Right: clockwise from top, down

Therefore I believe I will need to order 3 extra parts for these springs to fit correctly:

• For the Rear(Honda Automotive Parts)
    • 52461-TR0-A50(upper isolator for clockwise spun spring)
    • 52471-TR0-A50(lower isolator for clockwise spun spring)
  • For the Front(Honda Automotive Parts)
    • 51403-TS8-A01(dust cover for clockwise spun spring)
Can anyone who installed these springs chime in on my theory? I would like to confirm so I can order these extra parts and install this upcoming weekend. Thanks!

I also may order 51688-TR0-C01(the front upper isolator)

·
Registered
173 Posts
the rear lower one wont work as the rubber mounting tabs will not line up with the control arm. in all honesty all you need is the front one, but swift now includes it in the kit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the rear lower one wont work as the rubber mounting tabs will not line up with the control arm. in all honesty all you need is the front one, but swift now includes it in the kit.
Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear, you're saying you removed or bought the "rear, right, lower isolator" and tried to put it on the left lower control arm and that isolator won't fit onto the control arm? In other words part#52471-TR0-A50 won't fit on the left control arm?

Looks like you had a similar issue about fitment/ride height concern in another thread
the rears like the front are wound different from passenger side to drivers. the 8th gen springs are all wound the same way. it can be installed just the spring is not sitting in the same spot of the isolater as the passenger side and may have an effect on he ride height.
talked to swift and they are only able to wind springs the one way

·
Registered
256 Posts
I didn't have any issues installing them on my 14 sedan, supplied boot cover worked fine, it went on the right front. Ride height is about equal the whole way around.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't have any issues installing them on my 14 sedan, supplied boot cover worked fine, it went on the right front. Ride height is about equal the whole way around.
I guess I'll have to see how the springs fit on the rear left side when installing. It's just hard to imagine the Swift spring fitting correctly on the isolator/spring seat, when their prior orientation was spun counter clockwise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I also had the red swift sport on my last car. Very quality made, no sag whats so ever. nice and even drop. I had the tein also the s techs but they are alote lower

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wtf I want these springs but what is going on with buying boots ?!?!? Last time I installed springs just slam them in

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can confirm they do come with everything needed now, just the one front dust boot. I just had mine installed yesterday. I didn't install rear camber arms, the rear camber is about -1.8 degrees in the rear, which isnt bad.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I must have done something wrong when I had my Swift springs installed, because I have a horrible creaking noise (like walking across an old wood floor) when going over bumps or turning at low speeds. Shoot, I can get a slight creak just by plopping my fat butt down into the driver's seat.
The front springs were assembled to new Truhart struts by Chris at Redshift.
They were fine for the first few months (installed in late March 2019), but now they're really wearing on me. I love the subtle drop and the improved handling, but the noise is a deal-breaker. Considering putting all OEM parts back on.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sounds like it might be the top hat issue for 9th gens. Take a look at the 14-15 suspension fix thread, where ppl started swapping to 8th gen top hats for the ball bearing set up. I'll be doing that eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
175 Posts
Last I read it, we weren’t supposed to or recommended to use any 8th-gen hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well, if you have a warranty. I hadn't seen anything negative on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts