9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Totally new to the forums scene and wanted to know if anyone has been able to change their camera's (backup, side view) to work on the IMID instead of the factory nav/non nav screens. Reason I am asking is because I want to upgrade my stereo to an Alpine 8 inch screen and don't want to lose the camera features. I know that the non Honda link models display the camera view using the IMID display. Is this possible to change it and get it to work on there? If there is a thread on this already, kindly point me to it. Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
good question

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,586 Posts
Well, the '15 LX backup cam displays through the imid, as it doesn't have a touch screen, so the concept is a reality. How to get there on a civic with a touch screen I don't know.

And welcome to 9th gen.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,586 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would definitely be nice to know. I have been having the most difficult time installing a sound system while trying to retain the factory touch screen. I've installed an Audio Control DQ61 but cannot get a clean signal from the head unit. Getting a lot of feedback and noise from the speakers. I really wanted to keep both camera's on the vehicle but replacing the deck with an aftermarket navigation, I would lose both of them. Would be nice to switch the camera input to the iMid display.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Would definitely be nice to know. I have been having the most difficult time installing a sound system while trying to retain the factory touch screen. I've installed an Audio Control DQ61 but cannot get a clean signal from the head unit. Getting a lot of feedback and noise from the speakers. I really wanted to keep both camera's on the vehicle but replacing the deck with an aftermarket navigation, I would lose both of them. Would be nice to switch the camera input to the iMid display.
Not sure on the Imid answer but how are you getting signal to the DQ61 as if you are pulling tapping from the HU wiring before the amp to RCA's it will not work properly as the HU uses balanced outs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts