9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know the turn signal bulb size?
or if there are any switchback leds for our cars ?

having a hard time finding the correct bulb size..

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,766 Posts
I found all the light info in the owner manual. It'll tell you how to replace too .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh ok so there are actual orange inlays in the headlight itself >?
and I did check the maual and I did not find the exact bulb size,
i only saw the instructions on how to change it..

·
Registered
83 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, fack.. that makes it a lot harder to change..

·
May 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner
405 Posts
I tried it out already, unless you took out the orange corners. It wouldn't make that much of a difference.
Which amber bulb did you try?

I cleared my headlight corners but I can't find a chrome/amber stealth bulb that fits, or even a regular amber bulb that fits. The manual says 28/8w, everything I found online says the 3157/3457 will fit but I tried a chrome amber 3157 and no luck (I ordered them before removing the stock bulb or else I would have seen how different they are). The only marking I saw on the stock bulb were 3655 28/8w.

·
405 Posts
so I bought some cheap 7440 size LED's from fleebay and they fit. I bought some regular glass 7440 bulbs from autozone before trying the LED's and they wouldn't fit...go figure.

I haven't decided whether I'm buying some switchbacks or some better 7440 LED's which are single filament so they don't come on when the headlights are on, just for the turn signals. The 7443 is dual filament if you want it to work the same as stock. This is how they look with the $12 fleebay LED's...no resistors yet so flashing rapidly.

Signal lights:

Low beams with no amber lights on: low beam.jpg

·
Registered
127 Posts
so I bought some cheap 7440 size LED's from fleebay and they fit. I bought some regular glass 7440 bulbs from autozone before trying the LED's and they wouldn't fit...go figure.

I haven't decided whether I'm buying some switchbacks or some better 7440 LED's which are single filament so they don't come on when the headlights are on, just for the turn signals. The 7443 is dual filament if you want it to work the same as stock. This is how they look with the $12 fleebay LED's...no resistors yet so flashing rapidly.

Signal lights:

Low beams with no amber lights on: View attachment 7834

How did you make your turn signals clear?

·
405 Posts
Gotta open them up and remove the amber lenses...bake it at 250 for 7 minutes to heat up the adhesive and then pull it apart. Scary procedure to do on brand new car :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gotta open them up and remove the amber lenses...bake it at 250 for 7 minutes to heat up the adhesive and then pull it apart. Scary procedure to do on brand new car :)

awhh men!! Im sacred to do that! Might as well do a retrofit too if you're going to do that. Nvm then =/

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's exactly how I dit it with my tiburon and it worked out great.I'm not sure though if I'll be doing it with this car.

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
405 Posts
Believe me I was very hesitant to put my brand new lights in the oven but my dislike for the amber corners won. I even went 25 degrees less than every DIY I could find, they all said 275 degrees but 250 worked fine. I've been known to forget things in the oven so I literally stood in front of it for 7 minutes each time, then for another 7 minutes or so each in the oven to reheat the factory adhesive and close them up. No silicone or anything added and they are sealed, been in a few rainstorms since.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts