9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!I'm a 26 year old accounting systems analyst living in beautiful (mostly hot and rainy during the summer) SWFL. This past weekend I traded in my 2011 BMW 328i sedan on a 2012 TW Civic Si coupe. I've been a lurker here for a little while and finally decided to pony up and make an account to introduce myself. I grew up in a household raised on American muscle cars... in fact my first two cars were Chevrolet Camaros (model years 1987 and 1994), and I then moved up into a brand new 2008 Mustang GT after I graduated college and landed my first job in public accounting. Despite my history and love for American RWD muscle, I've always been fascinated with small displacement, high output compacts... and no one in my mind does that better in an N/A platform than Honda. I've had my eye on the Civic Si since the 8th gen, but for some reason never jumped into getting one. So, naturally when I grew tired of being nickel-and-dimed by the 328i, and not being able to really mod it at all due to a very small pool of aftermarket suppliers, I decided it was time for my first ever Honda in the form of a 2012 TW Si coupe. So far, the car has done nothing but impress me! It has cooler gadgets than the BMW, the power dynamic is about the same, but the sound of the K24 under WOT is intoxicating! This is definitely beginning of a long, beautiful relationship with this car :dancingcoolsmiley:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to becoming more active on the boards, thanks guys!

And finally, the fiance and the car right after we took delivery on the Si (she insisted on the picture!)
photo (1).jpg

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
from a BMW to Honda Si nicee! Welcome to the forum and enjoy yur car!
Oh and Beautiful fiance bro! Wish yu the best of luck in yur marriage

FB2 squad #17

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome and good choice of color, great pic. I'm in Tampa area. By swfl I'm assuming you mean southwest Florida like Sarasota or something?

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! Like I said, it's my first JDM car, and I'm already in love. I'm actually about two hours south of Tampa in the Fort Myers area. I had to go up to Wilde Honda in Sarasota to get the car though. I worked directly with the sales manager up there, who used to be a co-worker and is a personal friend of my future brother in law. The experience working with them was great. I told them I wanted a white Si coupe, and though there were apparently only 3 in the entire state on dealer lots, they were able to locate one and get it to their dealership in just two days! I can safely say I don't miss the BMW at all... although I do miss how it takes a corner, I won't miss replacing expensive rubber every 15,000 miles! I've already got 4300k HIDs coming in for my low beams (just to hold me over while I start getting the components together for a proper retrofit with morimoto projectors), and smoked vinyl covers to smoke the rear turn signals. It's not since I owned my Mustang that I have smiled like this while behind the wheel of a car. Again, the K24 is one sweet little engine!

·
Registered
144 Posts
What? The dealer I bought my EXL from in Tampa had 3 white SIs there. One with navigation and the other two with hfp kit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I didn't want nav (but was willing to pay for it if the only car they could get in had it), only wanted a coupe, and I know at least one of the ones that they called on was an HFP (which I didn't want). I suppose it's possible that that they understated the number that FL dealers had available, but I'm still happy they were able to get one so quickly :wigglesmiley:

My guy did say that one of the dealers he tried to trade with for the car he was apparently "not allowed to do business with". He wouldn't tell me who it was, but from what I've heard about them, I'm going to assume it was Honda Land in Tampa. They ended up getting the car from Braman Honda on the east coast.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah, hondaland is the worst Honda dealer I've ever bought a car from. Don't ever go there! Everyone there don't know what they're talking about and they lie and they don't know what they're doing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts