9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I recently had my tail lights go out. Not sure what happened but when I hit my brakes it still lights up but at night when my headlights are on it does not light up. Anyone might have an idea what it is?

·
Registered
123 Posts
is your license plate light coming on at night?

could be the fuse..happened to me when trying out LED bulbs w inner tail lights

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it isn't. Forgot to mention that, how can it be fixed?

·
Registered
123 Posts
JUh33BW.jpg
check fuse 34. under your dash. for "small lights".. i believe thats the one..just check if the fuse is blown..i blew it twice fooling around with led lights lol
ps. you should have extra 7.5 amp fuse and pryer tool to take it out inside your engine bay fuse box.

this is how it looks like when its out..

·
Registered
123 Posts
fuse.gif

34 - Small lights

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot! Will check asap!

·
Registered
57 Posts
The bulbs themselves can also cause that. However it usually is only one light is on and when you apply the brakes the light goes out. There is two light elements in the bulb. One is the running light and the other is the brake light and brake light works when lights are off. The brake light does not work when the lights are on. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the fuse. Everything is good now. Only thing is the license plate light doesn't work. But thats because I followed the DIY on the back up camera. It worked the first time and now nothing. Might find a different solution for the license plate lights.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thats probably why the fuse got blown.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 411977
check fuse 34. under your dash. for "small lights".. i believe thats the one..just check if the fuse is blown..i blew it twice fooling around with led lights lol
ps. you should have extra 7.5 amp fuse and pryer tool to take it out inside your engine bay fuse box.

In my 2015 Civic, Fuse 34 fixed my tail lights. I had to add that info into my manual that #34 "small lights" is also the fuse for tail lights and license plate light. Other blogs and
View attachment 411977

View attachment 411977

Thanks! 2015 Civic, fuse #34, small lights, fixed my tail lights. I wrote that in my 2015 Civic manual for fuse #34 because Honda didn't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I recently had my tail lights go out. Not sure what happened but when I hit my brakes it still lights up but at night when my headlights are on it does not light up. Anyone might have an idea what it is?
Check fuse 34

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 411977

what if you already tried to change the fuse a couple times and every time you put in a bran new fuse it keeps blowing?
I’m having the same issue. My tail lights are out but the brake light still works and my license plate light is out as well. Reverse lights work and so do the signal lights.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,686 Posts
what if you already tried to change the fuse a couple times and every time you put in a bran new fuse it keeps blowing?
I’m having the same issue. My tail lights are out but the brake light still works and my license plate light is out as well. Reverse lights work and so do the signal lights.
What kind of tailights and brake lights are you using. Could be one of those lights are blowing the fuse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What kind of tailights and brake lights are you using. Could be one of those lights are blowing the fuse.
The only thing I changed was the brake lights. I believe they’re LED and the signal lights are LED as well and so is the license plate light and the reverse lights. Those are the only lights I’ve changed.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,686 Posts
I checked the lights and they look fine. And when I change the fuse it keeps blowing.
I'm pretty sure the LED taillights and/or license plate light is blowing the fuse. Check the LED taillight and license plate light, are they metal plugs if yes than the metal on metal is blowing the fuse. I know cause it's happened to me twice. Use LEDs with plastic plugs and you'll be fine. Change out those LEDs than replace the fuse.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm pretty sure the LED taillights and/or license plate light is blowing the fuse. Check the LED taillight and license plate light, are they metal plugs if yes than the metal on metal is blowing the fuse. I know cause it's happened to me twice. Use LEDs with plastic plugs and you'll be fine. Change out those LEDs than replace the fuse.
This is good info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts