9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Foreword by DWils: All taillight tinting-related threads have been merged into this thread. This thread covers spray painting, VHT, plastidipping, smoking, tinting, and otherwise making your taillights really hard to see, especially during the day. Please post questions, experiences, and how-tos here.

Main post by Starkid1987: Was looking at putting a blacked out tint covered on the taillight instead of spraying it with black tint in case I need to take it off. Anybody know if they've found anything like this? My search has come up with nothing for 2012.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
seems like it would peel off easily imho

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
ah okay, that'd be interesting to see, keep us updated

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
You could always buy two new rear housing units and smoke them then change them out very time lol

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
id be worried about it peeling off :/

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
It'sbeen on there 4 years now

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Yeah any of these vinyl applications should last 5-10 years if put on properly, even with normal wear and tear, car washes, etc...and if they are on tails they should see alot less wear than if it were on the front of the car

·
Registered
565 Posts
Lamin-X FTW. Can't wait for the 9thGen stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
what kind of material is it?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I just received an e-mail from Lamin-X stating that they hope to have the pre-cut covers ready for the 9thGen Civic in about a month. They have a waiting list established and placed me on it.

If you are interested in the Lamin-X pre-cut covers for head or taillights, I would contact Lamin-X via [email protected] or on their website and request that they add you to the contact list.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Yeah, lamin-x is good stuff. Like I said before, it's been on there 4 years and still looks great! I highly recommend it if your interested in tinting the tails, or even the headlights.

what kind of material is it?
It's a film overlay.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Great stuff guys, I'll definitely be doing this, do they have different shades as well? I only want a smoked look.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Great stuff guys, I'll definitely be doing this, do they have different shades as well? I only want a smoked look.
Yeah, they have smoke and charcoal

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm going with gunsmoke.

8thGen prices are $55 for either head or tail lights pair, and $15 for fogs. I would expect price to be the same for 9thGen.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I'm gonna havta check that stuff out!

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
I'm going with gunsmoke.

8thGen prices are $55 for either head or tail lights pair, and $15 for fogs. I would expect price to be the same for 9thGen.
Yeah definitely gunsmoke!! i really want to make my car as similar as possible to the sedan concept lol!! just love that look. even though i cant get a pearl white color :( but i might be able to buy that bumper from the sedan si so its all cool :) the sprays look so matte, cuz my friend has it on his 2008 ex-l v6 accord coupe and it looks kinda strange. i want that glossy look and this vinyl should definitely do the trick!!

1 - 20 of 425 Posts