9th Gen Civic Forum banner
401 - 420 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
thank guys tried it to give it contrast didn't like the all black either i saw the same plasti dip on a mazda it was all black didnt like it

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks great!!! A lil dark for my taste but I might consider doing the same just with lighter coats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tail light tinting

Hey ive been looking to tint the tail lights on my 2013 civic lx sedan with overlays but im not sure how dark i want to get them. I was wondering if anyone who has tinted their tail lights with overlays can post pictures and say how dark they got them so i can figure out what percentage of tint to get. Also can you mention where you bought them from and for how much? Thanks

·
Photoshop Masta
2,938 Posts
This topic has been discussed...I remember seeing multiple threads.

Searching is your best option! Search using keywords and browse through the suggested threads.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Closed. To be merged in the future with the threads Beeshabo was talking about.

sent from my mobile communications device

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Merged, merged, merged, merged, merged, merged, merged, merged, merged, merged, merged, and merged. And reopened.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which tail light tint should I use?

Hey guys so I'm new to this forum and I just got a black 2012 Honda Civic coupe Ex and I just wanted to do a few simple mods to it like tinted windows, plastidip rims, and smoked out tail lights. For the tail light light tint I want to use a precut tint film and I was just wondering if any of you had any history of installing one and if it was easy and how it came out.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum and congrats on your new car ! I saw you had posted this in the other thread about taillight overlays and I saw some examples if u go back a couple of pages. I'm looking to order my overlays from the grfxpstore.com soon I'll let u know how that goes .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw some pretty good examples, I noticed a lot of people used VHT Nite Shades but I'm not really a fan of the spray because if I wanna take if off because of the cops or when I eventually decide to sell the car it's going to be much easier to take of overlays then to get ride of the spray. I'm definitely eager to see how yours is going to come out because I heard its hard to install it yourself because of the complex curves and the tint shops near me only install it using VHT or plastidip so def lemme know, thanks!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I did this to mine. Pretty sure it's against the law, but no one's said anything.
Taillight tint IS against the law. Why would you want to make your car more difficult to see? I understand that you want to make your car look 'cool' but you will also be making yourself more susceptible to getting rear-ended....and you may be at fault for it if others can't see your tails brightly enough.

I forgot to answer the OP's questions: None.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Taillight tint IS against the law. Why would you want to make your car more difficult to see? I understand that you want to make your car look 'cool' but you will also be making yourself more susceptible to getting rear-ended....and you may be at fault for it if others can't see your tails brightly enough.

I forgot to answer the OP's questions: None.
It doesn't cover the red area so it doesn't reduce visibility.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,986 Posts
It doesn't cover the red area so it doesn't reduce visibility.
So than you only tinted the reverse lights? BTW I agree with Cube I never liked the look or understood the idea of tinting ones taillights.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I reached my own a couple of times. Got two kids to show for it. Now for tint, make sure you use one that will get the attention of the most LEO's. That way the rest of us can drive like we normally do while you're on the side of the road holding your license and registration.

401 - 420 of 425 Posts