9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just ordered my Vinyls, i only got it for the Reverse/Turn lights Hopefully it looks good! 20% isn't too dark but i want it to blend with my Black car, Do you think it will Project?

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
Tinted my tail lights!

seriously, why didn't they come like this from the factory. looks so much better.

I used this stuff
RustOleum.com

Bought it at my local Auto Zone

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::dancingcoolsmiley::dancingcoolsmiley::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

·
1,246 Posts
i only ask because cops around here in So Cal can be a little aggressive at times, and any tint on a tail light is a quick reason to get stopped :)

i do like the way it looks though!
oh that sucks.. yea cops aren't that strict here. they let a lot slide.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i only ask because cops around here in So Cal can be a little aggressive at times, and any tint on a tail light is a quick reason to get stopped :)

just do vinyl overlays easily reversible...I did mine but it was to cold out and one of the corners wont stick right so I gotta redo them in the springs

·
1,246 Posts

i honestly dont know how a cop would be able to tell. it looks like factory. your only lightly tinting the clear part. some cars come factory like this, As long as the Red isnt tinted i dont see the problem.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Looks Good!

·
1,246 Posts
what cars come factory with tinted/dark rear lights?

well, i checked the CA vehicle code and it doesnt state anything about the reverse light requirements, but trust me....out here its just giving them a reason to stop you.

E55 AMG. Actually almost all the amg cars come with tinted reverse/turn signal lights. Gti's as well.

41 - 60 of 425 Posts