9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Takeda Momentum – 2 PRO 5R Intake System - Anyone install and test this on a new 2012 civic Si?

This product claims to increase HP by 20 and Torque by 18 - pretty amazing for $350 bucks.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
i bought mine for 290shipped. fyi don't buy K&N intake,it will only give you 3hp. people have dyno that intake on 9thgen .com

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have one. Took a while for the car to adjust. Some days it would work good and some days it did not. Everything seems to be fine now. I doubt you will see a 20hp gain in the real world. I noticed a nice difference. I would not say 20hp though.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is the nicest overall intake out there for the Si IMO. Fit and finish is nice.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, did you a notice better engine sound when revving? Sorry for so many questions but I'm really considering buying this for my Si.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You will hear a nice sucking noise from 3k-5k and then when you press it at times you will hear vtec crossover. It has a great of power increase, not 20 but its a big difference, you will notice it. I raced a 9thgen si coupe giving him a car and a half lead and won by a good amount. Get the intake...

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Yeah coupes are slower than sedans, didn't you know? Just kidding lol!

Yeah the other drive prolly sucked. Unless you only raced to like 50 MPH and he didn't realize it was a race until you started taking off LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You Takeda fellas, did you remove the resonator and extend your piping into the wheel well? DOHC talked about this with his DIY CAI. He really knows what he's talking about. He has lots of posts about exhaust, and intakes along with just about everything else.
I have the Injen CAI. I never had any problems with it like others have, but I also never really noticed a huge difference, except for sound. I am going to switch back to stock for a bit and then back to the Injen to see if I can make a better assessment of the CAI.
DOHC did temp testing with the Injen, he found a big temp change from stock to Injen at the point of entrance into the throttle body. The Injen temps were pretty hot, which is not a good thing!

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
i bought mine for 290shipped. fyi don't buy K&N intake,it will only give you 3hp. people have dyno that intake on 9thgen .com
K&N SRI sucks? Please provide a link where people dynoed and only got 3 WHP. I don't believe you.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
And, no. You do not gain anywhere near 20hp from any bolt on intake system. MAYBE something close to that with Flashpro, but come on, no one has that installed and dynoed yet.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
1 - 20 of 61 Posts